• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Here

ChipMaker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2023
NE Georgia
Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a machinist and intermediate range shooter working my way out to 1k yards. The 1k range near me just reopened with much joy so I'm here for the experience and shared knowledge of shooting, reloading and everything in between. Thanks

Welcome aboard. Your in the right place. There are some here who consider 1000 yards a destination. Others consider it a first step.

Reactions: Taylorbok
870 yds was my first experience with long range, I could hit steel but my percentage was low. I went back to 500 to fine tune a few things and I'm holding 3" maybe a little less. Now I'm happy. Eager

Welcome! I have spent many years working at this craft and shoot now out to 1200 yrds.

Recently I took my brother to the range. He shoots rarely and never at any distance. Of course he has the luck of the gods so the wind was calm. In Wyoming that is uncommon.

Within 30 mins I had him ringing steel consistently at 800 yrds. Of course this was my gear, my hand-loads, me spotting, ranging, perfect shooting mound, perfect weather, some coaching, and me calling out dialing and wind holding instructions.

I was amazed at how I was able to take what I had worked so hard for and put it in his hands with some reasonable success. There is a lesson there, open for interpretation……

Attachments

• IMG_4590.jpeg
    IMG_4590.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Yes, I've witnessed this with my daughters. My youngest by 2 minutes (I have twins) Shot a 1 minute 5 shot group at 200 yards with a 17 hmr(over a windy ditch). Even a blind pig can find an acorn I've heard. But No. Before they could hunt they had to qualify. Yes they did. I was jealous and in the same shoes you wear. I am humble about shooting, but no newb to Precision. Benchrest runs in my blood

Your a twin. That's cool. You have a connection no one else can comprehend. Are you identical or fraternal?
Identical. We do not have that mythical connection. I could write a book the paradox of us being so much alike but yet so vastly different……

In fact, I may. I already have a title.

If I was to give a parent of twins, any advice, I would say to carefully nurture them each, as individuals. This might seem like common sense, but you’d be surprised.

We had two sets, in our brood of six. We were the oldest.

Dad used to say “They add up quick, when you have them two at time”.🤠

I agree with the nurturing aspect. My girls are night and day but the same in many ways. Funny they both had a cavity on the same tooth in the same exact location.

Reactions: Holliday