• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hogden powder?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
While looking for a powder suitable for .308 Win, and that someone would have in stock, I ran across a new powder from Hogden. It's Hybrid 100V. I am having a hard time finding load data for it, so I don't even know if it is good in the .308. They claim higher velocity at lower pressure.
Has anyone used this powder yet? If so, is it accurate?
Is it appropriate for .308 or is it just barely useful?
I found some RL15 and have a pound of Varget, H4895, H4350 and H335. I also have some RL22 but I haven't seen anyone using that for .308. I bought it for my 6.5x55.
The Hybrid is available, and that alone makes me hope it will work. If not I will try some of the powders I have to see what my rifle likes.
Right now I have some Sierra 168gr MKHP bullets as well as some Sierra 155gr Palma bullets. I have some Noslers coming in a trade soon.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: New Hogden powder?

i don't much believe it is suitable for a .308 win, too slow, I have used it in my 300 win mag, but not my .308.

Hybrid was desgined to be used wherever you use H4350 type burn rates. Not the best for .308

Give them a call, the guys in the lab will tell you what you need to know.