• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing NEW Huber Concepts® Tactical Trigger for the 700

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I have a small review up of the new Huber Concepts Tactical Trigger on the main site.

Here is a small teaser:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Huber Concepts' trigger is a simple drop in replacement for a Remington, and while my Werewolf was built on a Nesika K Action the trigger was, go figure, a stock Remington. So this proved to answer two questions, the trigger was easy to install and didn't need any modification to fit in an AI Chassis System. 52.7 seconds later the rifle was ready to roll thanks to Moon.
    wwolf.jpg

On the Huber Concepts website you can find a computer print out for the trigger, which details the breaking points and travel details to the thousands. The 2 Stage trigger has an initial take up distance of .068, with an actuation travel of .081. His lock time is 3.3ms with an over travel distance of .062.
    remgraph.jpg

</div></div>

To read more go to:
    Huber Concepts Tactical Trigger

Re: NEW Huber Concepts® Tactical Trigger for the 700

Nice write up LL.

The only thing holding me back (besides money) is that it is not user adjustable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice write up LL.

The only thing holding me back (besides money) is that it is not user adjustable.</div></div>

Personally I don't think everyone should have a "user" adjustable trigger, a lot of people mess it up, they back out loose and mess the action up, there are many more down sides to a user adjusted trigger than pros.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice write up LL.

The only thing holding me back (besides money) is that it is not user adjustable.</div></div>

Personally I don't think everyone should have a "user" adjustable trigger, a lot of people mess it up, they back out loose and mess the action up, there are many more down sides to a user adjusted trigger than pros. </div></div>

+1

For the typical shooter they need to bring the adjustable models into a gunsmith to be tuned properly even though they can do it themselves. Many do-it yourself jobs can turn dangerous without even knowing it. Ask your gunsmith how man home-done trigger jobs they have had to fix
    smile.gif
    . Not saying you are not capable or that there aren't a great many who are capable, but just for the typical shooter, this is a much easier route. Who is actually changing their trigger settings on a regular basis (whats the honest point of an externally adjustable trigger)? If I can get a trigger that feels great and is set on the weight I want, I surely won't mess with it after that.

DD

Well with the price tag of this trigger, I dont think it will be very popular with the "typical shooters" I for one dont like the idea of having a trigger that I cant adjust. I really was looking forward to LL's review because I like the idea of a 2 stage trigger on my bolt gun to match my other rifles (AR15's) but the deal breaker for me was that it is not adjustable.

Oh and BTW, I gues Im one of those select few that is able to adjust my own trigger safely.

USMCj

Ya, I see no reason to "adjust" it after it has been adjusted... especially since it can't change once it's set. Most people adjust them because they get out of adjustment and need to be put back into the proper range.

or do you simply adjust it because it's the one thing you can adjust, and really for no other reason. I would think if you know enough to adjust it, you would know enough to order it right the first time and leave it alone.

So, what are reasons, if because usually they don't show up where you want it too be... well that problems appears to be solved.

I like to have the ability to adjust my triggers as I shoot several different rifles and I like to get the trigger on each to feel as close to the same as possible.

That's why I am stuck with single stage as no one makes a Win 2 stage.

LL, as parts (springs, sear) wear, it will need to be readjusted no matter what trigger you have. Its just the way I look at it. Whats right for you may not be right for me, and vise versa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, as parts (springs, sear) wear, it will need to be readjusted no matter what trigger you have. Its just the way I look at it. Whats right for you may not be right for me, and vise versa.</div></div>

I think you missed the point where this doesn't have the springs and parts that wear.... Maybe we can get John on here to explain it.

You're overlaying a traditional model for a trigger on to this one.

WTF, how can a trigger not have a sear or springs?

That was worded wrong, what you adjust is what moves as in what holds the stuff in place, there is not a part to back out, the triggers don't wear, they loosen up and back out, it's a different animal. Springs can wear, but you can get that replace, but they won't back out and change...

Thanks for the effort LL, I dont mean to sound like a hard head, but Im going to stick with adjustable triggers myself. Today I might want a 1 pound trigger, tomorrow I might want a 3 pound trigger. Its nice to have the control to change it at will rather than spending money again on another fixed trigger.

Did that even make sense?

How do we address the issue of no bolt release for the remington action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the effort LL, I dont mean to sound like a hard head, but Im going to stick with adjustable triggers myself. Today I might want a 1 pound trigger, tomorrow I might want a 3 pound trigger. Its nice to have the control to change it at will rather than spending money again on another fixed trigger.

Did that even make sense?</div></div>

Well that makes more sense,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jicko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do we address the issue of no bolt release for the remington action?</div></div>

I have side release put in my remingtons from GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jicko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do we address the issue of no bolt release for the remington action?</div></div>

I have side release put in my remingtons from GAP. </div></div>

So, for me, it is ok, since i have a stiller tac30.... but for my friends who have remington actions, this won't be as "drop in" as it is... correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jicko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do we address the issue of no bolt release for the remington action? </div></div>

Mo money, have a side bolt release cut into your receiver problem solved

Re: NEW Huber Concepts® Tactical Trigger for the 7

You could do a cheap side bolt release, and just drill and tap a hole in the side, then have a short bolt that will contact the rear of the lug, until you can afford to do the legit side release... have seen that done before..

However if you are spending this money on a trigger, the legit bolt release would seem like a reasonable expense.

Dave

Once I find a good local shop to do it, I would go the extra expense of having a shop do it, although I would like to know the approximate parts and labor cost before. I don't have the training/education at this point in time to attempt the cheap way. out.

Don

You can also leave the original bolt stop and spring in place and use a small diameter punch or allen wrench and push down on the front of the bolt release to remove the bolt, I did this with Remington receivers I had with 2oz triggers in them.

Has this point been brought up to John? I would think that since the dimensions are so close to the Remington, it wouldn't take much engineering to add a bolt release to the trigger.

DD

He is going to be doing one in the future, but this was originally designed for the Ashbury guns which use Surgeons that have a side release.

Paul

Another thing that should be mentioned to potential buyers as my group buy trigger just arrived today is that the Huber trigger does not use a serrated/grooved trigger face.

My fault for not asking before buying, but when I read "identical profile to the remington stock trigger" on their site along with lowlight's review that says the trigger face feels the same as the stock remington. I interpreted that to be not only side profile/position, but a similar trigger face.

So mine will be up for sale soon, it's personal preference but I have never liked a smooth trigger face for real world conditions.

Someone dropped off a 91/30 for me to work on that happened to have an aftermarket Huber Concepts trigger installed.

mosinstock1_small.jpg

$80 for something does does not work as well a couple minutes modification of the stock sear mounting.

How did Huber get reviewed by suplusrifle.com?

My poem about gun rags is starting to apply to websites:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 'Popular' View of the Gunzine Game… some doggerel from Clark Magnuson:
    Those that write the gun rag pages
    Make it up, but pose as sages
    Those who think that it's all true
    Pay the bills to print more poo

Even worse are the reviews
    Pay for adds is pay'n dues
    If per chance you didn't pay
    It ain't so good what we will say</div></div>

My remington stock trigger is also smooth faced, so my Huber trigger seems exactly as advertised. Not sure if my stock trigger is the newer x-mark or not, bought the rifle about 3 years ago and never bothered to find out.
    I finally installed the Huber trigger last night, and it feels better than any trigger I've used before (not too difficult I guess since I've only had stock triggers until now). I'm about to put another one in my 40x.
    Installation was extremely easy, except for my forgetting how to install the bolt release spring. Taking pictures of the installed trigger recommended before taking it apart to put in a new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My remington stock trigger is also smooth faced, so my Huber trigger seems exactly as advertised. Not sure if my stock trigger is the newer x-mark or not, bought the rifle about 3 years ago and never bothered to find out.
    I finally installed the Huber trigger last night, and it feels better than any trigger I've used before (not too difficult I guess since I've only had stock triggers until now). I'm about to put another one in my 40x.
    Installation was extremely easy, except for my forgetting how to install the bolt release spring. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Taking pictures of the installed trigger recommended before taking it apart to put in a new one.</span> </div></div>

Yeah, no f---ing doubt!

I put a Rifle Basix in my SPS and while it's presently amazing at 10 ounces, I like the ability to bump it back up to an acceptable weight if ever I get the chance to take a class or need to comply with any rules governing how light a trigger might be. I recall some banter in one of the Texan's threads about someone needing to adjust their trigger up before he came to one of the comps out there.

Does the Huber Concepts trigger have similar warnings about robust cycling of the bolt as does the RifleBasix?