• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hunting Rifle (Rem 5R)

spanishfly

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2009
New Jersey
grin.gif
This is my New Hunting Rifle a (Remington 5R SS in 308) with fluted barrel and bolt done by Karl Feldkamp.

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Rem700R5SS005.jpg

Re: New Hunting Rifle (Rem 5R)

First of all, welcome to the board.

Beautiful rig. Ya just gotta love those spiral cut bolts!! Congrats!!

A little heavy for a hunting rifle, isn't it? I think you should sell it to me for cheap since its obviously no good for you.

That looks great.. I have a 5R myself which is currently getting a muzzlebrake, and tac knob installed. Mind if I ask how much the fluting set you back?

Hunting?......that should yield nice long range minute of chest cavity. Sweet rig. 5R's are starting to pop up everywhere.

9 year old thread. How deep did you dig for this one? WTF indeed.

9 year old thread. How deep did you dig for this one? WTF indeed.
It was on the front page of the bolt action rifle page. I was just looking at pictures and thought it was a good looking rifle. Sry I guess this isn’t that great of a forum when you can’t comment very nice on a rifle that is on the front page.

It was on the front page of the bolt action rifle page. I was just looking at pictures and thought it was a good looking rifle. Sry I guess this isn’t that great of a forum when you can’t comment very nice on a rifle that is on the front page.
Front page of what? From 2009 it would have been on the last page. Are your pages not in order with the most recent post first?

Front page of what? From 2009 it would have been on the last page. Are your pages not in order with the most recent post first?
I guess not!?!? But hay let’s jump all over the guy who was simply making a nice comment even if it was a old post. Guess I will be canceling my paid subscription to the education area of this group as it’s full of people who jump on you for making nice harmless comments. Hope the admins are ok with losing money

I guess not!?!? But hay let’s jump all over the guy who was simply making a nice comment even if it was a old post. Guess I will be canceling my paid subscription to the education area of this group as it’s full of people who jump on you for making nice harmless comments. Hope the admins are ok with losing money
your loss