• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New hunting rifle setup for moose/western capercaillie

Luminiksu_

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
I am looking for a good scope to mount on my Tikka. Mostly for moose/western capercaillie hunting.

Zeiss V4, Swarovski Z5, Nightforce SHV, Meopta R1, Vortex HST. Would these scopes be worth it?

From what I gather hunting in Europe your ranges are fairly short distance and lowlight is more important. The Swaro Z5 would be my choice from your list.

I would personally go with the S&B Polar T96, but that is over double the price range as your listed optics.

From what I gather hunting in Europe your ranges are fairly short distance and lowlight is more important. The Swaro Z5 would be my choice from your list.

I would personally go with the S&B Polar T96, but that is over double the price range as your listed optics.

Yeah, I'd say that 300m is the max we can see here. S&B would be good for sure, but it is way too expensive for me.

I've had good luck with zeiss scopes. They gather light very well.