• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New in Phoenix, AZ

Hadwyn

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hello all. New member here from Phoenix, AZ. Also new to long distance shooting, which I've been researching for the past couple months (largely through TiborasaurusRex on YouTube) after sitting on the interest for years. Happily making headway and looking forward to working this forum in as a primary resource to that end.

Recently purchased a Remington 700 5R (.308, 24"), a Steiner Tactical 4-16x50mm scope, and a Badger Ordnance base and rings. Still building out my rig as I explore the options and deliberate with the help of fellow Sniper's Hide members. Also hoping to connect with some people in Phoenix who are into the sport, seasoned and otherwise, for continued learning and practice.

Cheers.

Central, near the Phoenix Mountain Preserve. Happen to know if there are many members from the Phoenix area here? Any meet-ups?

http://www.phoenixrodandgun.org

Is the most talked about place that's a central meet up, haven't met any guys off here there but I've been a few times, also you've got Ben Avery and I believe Cow Town is opening up soon.

I've got some glass coming in so I'm maybe 2 weekends from being ready to run the gauntlet with my setup.

If you're interested in trying a match, AZ long range precision shooters hold a monthly match on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Google AZLRPS. All you need is your rifle, 50 rounds, and dope out to 700 yards.

Everyone is friendly and happy to answer questions!

Look up AZLRPS on face book... great bunch of folks and they host a match every 3rd Saturday of the month

If you're interested in trying a match, AZ long range precision shooters hold a monthly match on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Google AZLRPS. All you need is your rifle, 50 rounds, and dope out to 700 yards.

Everyone is friendly and happy to answer questions!

Thanks. Came up when Googling "AZLRPRS". Looks like a fun event. Definitely something I would look to participate in but I will need to segregate from the pros there until I gain some experience. :) What are the best places to go that offer long range that I could work my way up in?

Thanks. Came up when Googling "AZLRPRS". Looks like a fun event. Definitely something I would look to participate in but I will need to segregate from the pros there until I gain some experience. :) What are the best places to go that offer long range that I could work my way up in?

Not a whole lot out here unfortunately except for their events. Once it cools off it would be nice to get a group of us together and we can throw a bunch of steel targets out at various distances out in the desert.