• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Insite Heathen G2

Blueoval56

Captain Bigbars
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Canadian Big Sky Country
New Insite Heathen brake with an interesting slidable brass tuner. Also interesting that they went to straight ports as opposed to rear angled on the original Heathen.

E0F903F0-0FE5-48D9-A696-814AD03622FC.jpeg
4328A72B-A586-4D2F-85CA-7249F6BF6A81.jpeg
BA481E78-F087-43C6-AAC1-FD1E645F541C.jpeg

It's an interesting take on a tuner brake, certainly not like any tuner or tuner + brake combo I've seen before.

I've been talking to Harley at Insite Arms about this, apparently one of the ideas behind it is that you can remove the tuning weight without having to remove the brake.

Apparently the ports are every bit as effective as previous generations, and send even less gas back to the shooter.

I'm not huge on tuners, but it's a pretty neat design.

I agree, it’s the first tuner brake that I’ve actually been tempted to buy and it’s pretty reasonably priced.
Very neat design.

And the cool thing with this design is if you don't want the tuner, then just loosen it and slide it off.

What I would like to see is some positive detents for each tuner position, so you can lock and move the tuner through the positions without having to use set screws or any tools.

I personally hate set screws. And a tool-less method of moving a tuner between positions would be a better mouse trap than all the current solutions.

Reactions: Blueoval56
And the cool thing with this design is if you don't want the tuner, then just loosen it and slide it off.

What I would like to see is some positive detents for each tuner position, so you can lock and move the tuner through the positions without having to use set screws or any tools.

I personally hate set screws. And a tool-less method of moving a tuner between positions would be a better mouse trap than all the current solutions.
I haven't messed with tuners yet so excuse my ignorance but isn't the whole purpose to find a good setting for your rifle & ammo then leave it be? Tool less adjustment seems like a solution looking for a problem. Now I could see the value in marks to reference the position of the weigh being valuable.

I haven't messed with tuners yet so excuse my ignorance but isn't the whole purpose to find a good setting for your rifle & ammo then leave it be? Tool less adjustment seems like a solution looking for a problem. Now I could see the value in marks to reference the position of the weigh being valuable.

F-class and BR shooters use tuners to keep their rifles "in the node" as environmental conditions change. They are not static.

The PRS and adjacent disciplines have repurposed tuners for the propose you have described above, but the evidence for such is extremely lacking. I've even tested it for myself with multiple 5-shot groups (not this 2 shot sillyness) and tuner settings, and came away less than impressed for this specific purpose.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP