• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New IOR F Class scope...

digit

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
New Zealand
Just got the details:
9-36x56
Center lighting system - 12 step dimmer
Focus 7m to infinity
Click value 1/8 moa
Reticle MOA FFP
Elevation 100MOA
Windage 50MOA
Weight 1200g

From the picture it looks to have a 40mm tube and is similar to the Terminator model - ie it has IOR's new collar parallax adjustment

Re: New IOR F Class scope...

Wow that is heavy. 1200g is 42.3oz, which is way more than a NF 12-42 BR (36oz), Sightron 10-50 (29oz), or Sightron 8-32 (24oz).

Any idea on cost?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Digit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9-36x56</div></div>

Not enough if they are making a serious bid for F-Class or LR BR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Center lighting system - 12 step dimmer</div></div>

Essentially useless on flat/square KD ranges during daylight hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Focus 7m to infinity</div></div>

Not sure of the point of super-close focus ability... closest sanctioned targets are 300yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Click value 1/8 moa </div></div>

Yay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reticle MOA FFP</div></div>

*That* should be interesting to see if they pull it off. I have my doubts, but more power to 'em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elevation 100MOA</div></div>

Very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Windage 50MOA</div></div>

Not sure why they go gangbusters on the elevation and then skimp on the windage. Even squeakin' that out to 60 would be an improvement. Not a lot of ranges have enough wind to make even a .308 need 20 moa @ 1000, but when you need it, you need it. Makes getting zeroed *and* mechanically centered a little less fussy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weight 1200g</div></div>

NF NXS tend to be a bit on the heavy side... and this is even more so, with less magnification - not a great combination of selling points.

Heres the details and schematic of the new rifle scope:

1805442000luneta9-36x561-8MOAschitadegabarit_01.png

I am continually impressed with my current 9-36 for its' non F-class duties-and this spec sheet doesn't seem to have the feature set that would make me buy it over the others.

Now if they offered a fixed 36x(or higher)x56mm on a 40mm tube in a competitive weight...I would be excited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Digit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9-36x56</div></div>

Not enough if they are making a serious bid for F-Class or LR BR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Center lighting system - 12 step dimmer</div></div>

Essentially useless on flat/square KD ranges during daylight hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Focus 7m to infinity</div></div>

Not sure of the point of super-close focus ability... closest sanctioned targets are 300yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Click value 1/8 moa </div></div>

Yay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reticle MOA FFP</div></div>

*That* should be interesting to see if they pull it off. I have my doubts, but more power to 'em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elevation 100MOA</div></div>

Very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Windage 50MOA</div></div>

Not sure why they go gangbusters on the elevation and then skimp on the windage. Even squeakin' that out to 60 would be an improvement. Not a lot of ranges have enough wind to make even a .308 need 20 moa @ 1000, but when you need it, you need it. Makes getting zeroed *and* mechanically centered a little less fussy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weight 1200g</div></div>

NF NXS tend to be a bit on the heavy side... and this is even more so, with less magnification - not a great combination of selling points.

</div></div>

^^^ This
Only place I disagree is on the FFP part, don't need it or want it. A SFP fine X-dot or something like my NP2-DD is the best answer for F class.