• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New IOR scope ?

DH

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2006
The Last IOR scope I had was purchased about 5-6 yrs ago, it was a 6-24x 35mm tube model that had the old type turrets that had 9 MOA per rev and were a pain to zero out after sight in. It also had rings that had to be torqued to only 12 in/lbs or so, otherwise the paralax knob became hard to turn or got backlash in it. I am interested in one of the new 3.5-18x50, more precisely the moa/moa sfp model. Are these new IORs still so finicky about ring torque? I hope not as that is a deal breaker, mine was set at 12ish in/lbs and after 500 rds or so the scope slid back and accuracy and zero went to shit til I caught what was going on. After that I would put a drop of blue loc-tite inside of each ring half to hold in place. I assume from the pictures of the mil/mil FFP models that the turrets reset with more common setscrews? Also, does anybody know what power the sfp moa/moa is calibrated for?

Re: New IOR scope ?

DH

I just recieved a new 4-14x50 IOR scope with 30mm tube two weeks ago. It has 25 MOA per turn on the elevation knob and 15 MOA per turn on windage (7.5 MOA left and right, counting up in both directions from zero). The knob resets to zero with an included allen(hex) wrench. I have the side focus parallax knob. It should not have any problem with ring torque unless you collapse the tube or the rings aren't aligned. It sounds like your problem was rings/bases not aligned properly. When you torqued the screws you were flexing the tube to conform to the rings.
You should always check the ring to scope fit and lap the rings if neccesary.

tater

Re: New IOR scope ?

Oh, and I love the glass, reticle and feel of the new IOR and cannot wait to get home, mount it and try it out!

tater