• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New-ish in AZ

helidave69

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2020
az
Been coming to this site for a while and have learned a lot, but never really posted. Getting more serious with long range and reloading and hope to join some PRS and NRL22 matches soon, so figured I would make this post. Up till now I've just been going out to some spots around Flagstaff and shooting solo but that's getting a little boring. Haven't had much luck finding other groups or matches in Northern AZ, so if you know of anything...

IMG_20230814_145524883_HDR.jpg

Reactions: MadDuner
Welcome. I’m down in the Tucson area. Only prs matches I know of are in Phoenix. Looks like you’ve got a nice shooting spot. How far can you shoot up there?

You can get to a little over 1000yds there.

I want to get down to phx and check out Cowtown range, it looks cool.
I’ve shot 1000 at that exact spot before.... but of course backed up farther south toward the freeway.
I’ve never gotten a chance to shoot at that spot without the wind From west to east.

Reactions: helidave69
I’ve shot 1000 at that exact spot before.... but of course backed up farther south toward the freeway.
I’ve never gotten a chance to shoot at that spot without the wind From west to east.
Yep... The pic was around 800. I shot a few there then moved back to the little 1000yd hill. Last time I was out there there were some storms coming through and the wind was all over the place. Every other time it was like you said, out of the west/southwest.

This is probably the closest NRL22 match for you. Held at Gunsite in Paulden.
I saw that the other day and I wasn't sure if it was a legit cause there's only 2 people signed up and the link to the club doesn't work. If it is I'd definitely like to check it out.

Reactions: MadDuner
Yep... The pic was around 800. I shot a few there then moved back to the little 1000yd hill. Last time I was out there there were some storms coming through and the wind was all over the place. Every other time it was like you said, out of the west/southwest.

I saw that the other day and I wasn't sure if it was a legit cause there's only 2 people signed up and the link to the club doesn't work. If it is I'd definitely like to check it out.
Every match has it's own flow as to when it starts to fill up, they are 4th Sunday IIRC so likely a bit early for an idea of volume. You should be able to see their past match results on Practiscore. Try emailing the match director if you have questions.

Reactions: helidave69
Been coming to this site for a while and have learned a lot, but never really posted. Getting more serious with long range and reloading and hope to join some PRS and NRL22 matches soon, so figured I would make this post. Up till now I've just been going out to some spots around Flagstaff and shooting solo but that's getting a little boring. Haven't had much luck finding other groups or matches in Northern AZ, so if you know of anything...

View attachment 8223023
Hi just joined. Hope I am doing this right. Thinking about learning long range. I have been told of a place off A1 mountain road but no exact location. You look like your pic is off old 66 east of Flag. Looks good because I could use side-by-side to setup target. I will be shooting Tikka 6.5 creedmoor.