• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Kahles, Steiner, Vortex G2, or ??

BlkZ06

Gas guzzlin' V-8's, and proud of it.
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2013
SC
Looking for a new scope for my Crescent Customs build.

I like FFP, Zero Stop, and would like something in the 5-25x range.

I know almost all these scopes have very good to great glass, but I also know they all have their little negatives. I'm very interested in the Vortex, and own many Vortex products...but I absolutely hate the color of the scope, and the weight is like a brick. Kahles is known to have some CA issues, and Steiner had some turret issues, which I think have since been resolved.

All that aside...what would you like, and in that price range, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

Gen 2 6-24 kahles for me. No CA issues and it's fairly light for a tactical scope. You won't be disappointed

all 3 are nice scopes, my recommendation would be put your eye behind each and see which you like best. different eyes see and perceive things differently.

as for your concern with issues, I can't say with the vortex, because we haven't gotten them in yet, though I have no doubt they will work as advertised, but I've sold lots of the kahles and steiner scopes with no issue,

Last edited: