• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New KAPS 2.5-10 FFP BDC with Digital Illumination

vshemi17

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
Hey Guys,
the new KAPS 2.5-10 x 50 ffp tactical just kicks ass...New exposed knobs, digital illumination, .308 cam out to 600mm with the knob and 1000m with the sniper reticule. So far about 650 rounds and not a hitch. Shot it side by side in WY with the new Ellis and to say it blew it out of the water is an understatement. Clearest glass I now own next to my IOR 4-14 ultra, this thing is the best value going. Can't wait to see it against the new Premier scope. These new coatings are greenish and purple on the outside and KAPS said it is the latest technology that Zeiss and Swaro are sharing. I paid right at $2100.00 from Val at Valdada Optics who has the exclusive on these. The knobs are really smooth and reset to zero and the instructions are not bad. Here are a few pics:
reticule.jpg
scope.jpg
knobs.jpg
762knob.jpg
mounted2.jpg

Re: New KAPS 2.5-10 FFP BDC with Digital Illumination

Oh yeah, Val says Kaps is an all German company right aroung the corner from their friends at S & B...these scopes are on par with any S&B and are well worth the price. It took about 5 months to get these in with the upgrades that Val requested. The bdc is dead on with very crisp, clicks...smooth as butter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Threat21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah, Val says Kaps is an all German company right aroung the corner from their friends at S & B...these scopes are on par with any S&B and are well worth the price. It took about 5 months to get these in with the upgrades that Val requested. The bdc is dead on with very crisp, clicks...smooth as butter. </div></div>

Who are you? Are you a professional scope tester?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that's quite a first post. Perhaps you should introduce yourself.
</div></div>

And fill out your profile.

And tell us who's paying you to post here
wink.gif

Qualifications please?

How did you test the scope. With everything you are claiming, I'm sure you 'n your buddies didn't just look through it and come up with your decision of which one is best.

What kind of "clicks" does it have?

What type of retical?

Size?

Weight?

How fine of a target are you able to resolve with it?

Inquiring minds want to know!

yeah and he said $2100 for this scope is th ebest value going..oh and its got the green/purple coating
crazy.gif

Torf, red sun glasses are not Tacticool enough.

You need the shiny blaze orange mirrored ones....

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I am new to all this web stuff as I am retired and spend most of my time shooting. It took me a while just to figure out the pic thing. I read these threads often and thought I should post something because everyone seems to be up on the latest and when I searched for Kaps I found nothing. I just thought this group of fellow shooters would be interested in something new like this. Enjoy your shooting and be safe.

T21

Thanks for the heads up, I have seen these scopes on a German website for years and was wondering how they where. Not sure why the others took such a tone with you.

I really appreciate you opening my eyes to these!!

Have a thing for German scopes and you have made available a nice option.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Threat21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I am new to all this web stuff as I am retired and spend most of my time shooting. It took me a while just to figure out the pic thing. I read these threads often and thought I should post something because everyone seems to be up on the latest and when I searched for Kaps I found nothing. I just thought this group of fellow shooters would be interested in something new like this. Enjoy your shooting and be safe. </div></div>

I don't think you offended anyone we're just used to retail fishing attempts people attempting to hawk their shit here. Usually when someones first post is check out this new product noone is familiar with it comes in as very suspect.

If you are indeed not here trying to sell some shit welcome to the hide.

+1, just fooling with you, like Torf says there are lots of guys that say "Check this out, it Rocks!" and then you find out they just happen to be the US distributor of said product. Hmmm, no bias there.

Anyway, post more pics and answer those questions of Russ1911's, I want to hear more.

Hiders,

Talked to Val and he really likes these scopes. SH pricing will be less than what was posted.

Not trying to give anyone a hard time, but for a first post making a sales pitch out of nowhere, the radar goes up.

Scott

Scott-

Got any more info on the reticle, adjmants, etc...? If the glass is that good, it might be a nice option for another FFP scope out there.

Mark

Just ordered it. I'll have a full report as soon as it arrives.

The BDC goes to 600 yards/meters and the reticle has the holdovers for 700-1000.

Illuminated FFP, 100% German made, for under 2K? Hmmmmm where did this come from?

Options are always good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TorF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used a couple of Kaps hunting scopes. They are exellent but a bit heavy.

Kaps also made the 4x24 G3 "sniper-scope" alongside Hensoldt for the German army

www.i-e-a.de sell Tactical Kaps: http://www.i-e-a.de/productslink0.html

Kaps website: http://www.kaps-optik.de/

Regards,
Torf

</div></div>

Hey Torf!!

When was the last time we were on a thread together???

I ordered one through another vendor, didn't want or need the illumination, and the "updates" and it was alot less. Got it yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised.

Definately not in modern S&B league, but the scope has a nice character. It's heavy and feels like it has a military heritage, almost like a modern retro scope.

Looking at it, the best description I could give is a modern Zeiss Diavari Military scope - on steroids! It dwarfs my 1.5-6 ZF's. The glass is excellent, the reticle state of the art 1980's but I like it. The FFP is great. The difference between the 6x and the 10x is very nice for my computer ruined eyes.

The exterior is a little rough in it's finishing, the colour a nice matte black. The turrets seem a little mushy compared to a S&B, but are nice and you can count them. <span style="font-style: italic">They are actually the same resistance as my Leupold M2 MRT.</span>

The "sighting in" mechanism is text book Bundeswehr, the only modern or americanized tip off is the 1 klick = 6mm or the German way of saying 1/4 moa
smile.gif
And the screws are cross head phillips, vs the flat so you surplus ZF tool kit screwdriver will not work.

The instructions, warranty card and inspection sheet are completely in German. Which is just fine with me, my better half can translate if needed. The the money spent $1100, it's the cat's PJ's for me. Perfect modern germanic scope for my HK's and such.

sblt3t.jpg

BDC for which cartridge 308/155, 308/168, 308/175???
Can you get cm clicks?

not able to read foreign languages all that well.

In their website they put some funny numbers for the clicks... and different values for each model... what is the real click value?

BTW, 1/4 MOA is 7.28 mm at 100 m, you would think it shouldn't be THAT difficult for an optics company.

OK guys,

Here's my thoughts:

Pros:

Great German glass, fit, finish, & engineering.
FFP illuminated reticle.

Cons:

No parallax adjustment, even though the scope is marketed for 1000 yard use

Reticles lines are very fine, even at 10x, OK for target shooting, but using in foliage/shadows will be a challenge.

.06mil clicks? That calculates to .216MOA. WTF?

The knobs:

The elevation has the 100-600m BDC with heavy stops. The bottom of the turret cap has detents cut out, and there is a spring loaded ball that sticks up on the top of the turret housing that engages these detents. In between the heavy stops, the clicks are nearly non-existent.

On the windage knob, the clicks are mushy, and the knob is WAY too light. I can literally take my knuckle and tap at the knob and it will move. Me no likee. Also, the clicks do not match with the numbers. 10 clicks of the windage knob did not line up with "10" on the knob. It took like 12 clicks.

Finally, the "elephant in the room"....The scope has about 20MOA of windage and elevation travel...it looks like you can slip your turrets to reset to zero, but once things are tightened down, that's all you have.

The illumination is not as crisp as I would like. It is digital but sort of bleeds from one side to the other in the center dot, and doesn't seem to line up perfectly with the reticle itself.

Just MHO. YMMV.

Scott

Hello Guys!

To bring a bit light in the story, Kaps is an old renowed optic manufactor here in Germany.
Sitting in the same Hessian village like all the other optic factories
like Hensoldt/Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender, they always try to catch up.
But never be a first league player.
The real sniper glasses from them were sold by small German firms Spindler and I-E-A
as they're house brands under their own name.
But nevertheless I will buy a 10x50 Sniper from them for my budget sniper Remington 700!

Last edited:
Latest news: The Kaps sniper scopes are sold out at I-E-A
There is still a German eBay seller who sell it via eBay.com all over the world.
Wish the best they don't get into wrong hands and land on the false side of A-stan!