• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Kestrel firmware video

It will let me switch to 20 clicks per mil on the unit but not the app, is that correct?

How do I update firmware without losing all my guns? I have never had an update that didn’t wipe them all out.
IOS.

I believe you transfer them to your computer, or mobile device.
They’ve always been on my mobile device when I’ve started, yet always get wiped out in the update.

That’s why I’m asking Kestrel. Mine never have.

They’ve always been on my mobile device when I’ve started, yet always get wiped out in the update.
In the "old days" that could happen, but if you have been keeping your firmware current there should be no problem. Best to always have you profiles on the Kestrel and the App and be sure PIN is turned off.

I’ll give it a go I guess.

I'm having trouble updating the Bluetooth firmware on 5700AL. The Android app will crash or freeze at Firmware is Update 2% Saving Gun profiles.

Phone - battery percentage 80%, airplane mode on, wifi solid, bluetooth on, do not disturb mode on. Tried restarting phone as well. Also deleted the gun profiles off the app. App software version Build 263.

5700 - Battery percentage 75%, Did a factory restore, Bluetooth on, PIN off. I have the firmware updated to v1.47, BOOT - 1.01, BLE - 0.06, BAL - 72, HW - Rev 11B

I'm having trouble updating the Bluetooth firmware on 5700AL. The Android app will crash or freeze at Firmware is Update 2% Saving Gun profiles.

Phone - battery percentage 80%, airplane mode on, wifi solid, bluetooth on, do not disturb mode on. Tried restarting phone as well. Also deleted the gun profiles off the app. App software version Build 263.

5700 - Battery percentage 75%, Did a factory restore, Bluetooth on, PIN off. I have the firmware updated to v1.47, BOOT - 1.01, BLE - 0.06, BAL - 72, HW - Rev 11B
I am not an expert but wouldn't you want "airplane mode" off?

I am not an expert but wouldn't you want "airplane mode" off?
I tried it with it off as well, didn't work :(. My phone doesn't turn off wifi or bluetooth with airplane mode on.
Airplane mode is sort of a relic from the past and not necessarily needed. I'm not sure if that is the reason though. Can you see if you can update it with our Kestrel LINK App? I would save any profiles in the Kestrel to the app first before trying. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kestrelinstruments.kdex&hl=en_US&gl=US
The Kestrel LINK App worked. I was able to update to BLE 0.09.

Thank you!