• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Kimber Raptor

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
Just got this yesterday and had a chance to shoot this morning. No FTF except for 2 related to bad mag. Great pistol can't wait for the Mil-Tac grips I ordered to get here. Had to swap out grips from my Colt, didn't really like the factory grips. Now to decide what color(s) for Wally to spray her. She's going to Birdsongs next week, then she'll be carry ready.
P6043328.jpg

Patrick

Re: New Kimber Raptor

Dodge,

Touche on a great gun. I carried a Raptor Pro for a while and loved it. A bit heavy but none the less a great gun. I lap all of my new Kimbers with toothpaste prior to putting them in the carry rotation. Disassemble, put some old white toothpaste on the rails and slide (Just a dab). Lap it about 200-300 times and it is smooth as silk. Add a little gun butter and they run like sewing machines. Give us a range report when you get time.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nice....second the lapping. I use just a hint of JB paste and the some trunnion grease from my skeet shooting bag....makes them run real good. I have been carrying an Ultra II for the last year and have an older series I custom classic that I really like even shooting beside my Wilsons.

I have a Raptor II, and I really like shooting it. It is the best 1911 I have shot. Smooth as silk, and runs flawlessly.

ive had really good luck with slide glide from brian enos. i run the light viscosity in my warrior. i had alot of problems with the gun "drying up" during long runs at matches. the slide glide has really ensured it would not quit after 300+ rounds. i use unique for my reloads and it seems to be a filthy powder, but the slide glide has not let me down. i also stumbled across tripp cobra mags and these along with the slide glide have run flawlessly for the last 10000 rounds. have fun. i also like the ergo grip panels, they have alot of grip and work great with sweaty hands.