• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New KMW SENTINEL Stock is AWSOME

crossgun

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2008
N.E. Ohio
Well finally after a very long and patient wait I received my new <span style="font-weight: bold">SENTINEL Combat Stock </span>from Tarry Cross and it was worth the wait! As many of you already know working and dealing with Terry is a very easy and pleasurable experience.

Like a good shotgun stock, it's my belief that a long range rifle stock has to fit you and as such I have been in the eternal search for such a stock and I think I may have just found it. I own or have been behind AICS, McRee, Manners, A3s, A4s and A5s and just really never wanted to be "married" to any of them even though they are all great stocks that individually offer something uniquely different.

<span style="font-weight: bold">CONSTRUCTION/DESIGN</span>
The stock was designed by KMW and is manufactured exclusively for them by McMillan Fiberglass Stocks. The design features an ambi thumbhole with adjustable cheek piece and a low profile forend that features a pretty unique Harris Bipod mounting area. My stock features KMW camo which is a mix of Black, OD Green and Tan swirl that is molded in behind the gel coat.

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">ACTION MOUNTING BLOCK</span>
The quality, fit & finish as well as overall feel of this stock is outstanding. I ordered mine with KMW's new I.M.B. (Integrated Mounting Block) which is like small little aluminum chassis. I love this feature as it appears it eliminates the need for bedding and allows me to easily switch between barreled actions as all my builds are done on Remington 700SA. The I.M.B. offers a very large surface contact area and is cut to except just about any recoil lug known.

DSCF0639.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">DETACHABLE BOTTOM METAL</span>
The Combat Stock also features KMW"s detachable bottom metal with dedicated trigger guard assembly that operate with AI AICS mags. The KMW bottom is kept separate from the I.M.B. by design in the event that somehow the bottom metal or mag well where to ever get damaged it could be replaced without effecting the action bedding area. Great idea!

DSCF0638.jpg

DSCF0632.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">CHEEK PIECE</span>
The stock of course would not be complete without the "LoggerHead" adjustable cheek piece system. I believe this to be the finest adjustable cheek piece in the business. This system is so good it’s offered as an option by both McMillan and Manners on their stocks as well. It’s easily adjusted and stays put!

DSCF0635.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">BIPOD ATTACHMENT</span>
One of the more unique features of this stock is the ability to mount a Harris Bipod. The forend design is very swallow which makes for a very stable platform and it also integrates a specially profiled detail that perfectly matches the shape of the Harris S-series Bipod. WOW!

DSCF0631.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">TOE HOOK</span>
The toe hook on the stock is really comfortable and includes an integrated gripping area that is also textured. It is very easy to get under the stock and control the rear of the stock with your support hand when prone and or using a rear bag.

DSCF0646.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">ADDTIONAL FEATURES</span>
Kreiger MTU barrel channel
Adjustable L.O.P. spacer system.
5 flush cup hardpoints
HoloKrome stock bolts already cut to length and coated with MicroSlick.
Oxide coated internal snap rings to retain stock bolts in DBM assy.
Convertible bipod station with 1913 Rail and Harris Adapter plate.
2 Heavy Duty push button loops:

I have been behind this new stock a few times now and can honestly say that our bonding is getting stronger with each outing. The comfort and features of the <span style="font-weight: bold">SENTINEL Combat Stock </span>make it a keeper. The only problem that I for see is that I may need another.

DSCF0655.jpg

Re: New KMW SENTINEL Stock is AWSOME

You're killing me, I'm expecting my Sentinel to be here any day now. Thanks for the great detailed review, let us know how the mounting block holds up.

"let us know how the mounting block holds up"

Is there a reason for this comment? Have there been problems with other mounting blocks?

Eddie

No problems that I know of. It's a new addition to his stock line up, so I was just wanting to know how it works out is all.

Also, if you feel that I am implying criticism, I am not. I think it's a great concept.

Great review and awesome stock. The only thing I didn't like when I went to their website was the price. Of course you get what you pay for in the end. Congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh Denny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review and awesome stock. The only thing I didn't like when I went to their website was the price. Of course you get what you pay for in the end. Congrats.</div></div>

If you compare the price to the adjustable A5, T4, T5, and stocks in the same class as this, with bottom metal, flush cups, and bipod rail mount, you are not paying much if any more by purchasing the Sentinel. In my opinion this is the most well thought out stock I have seen in some time. Fits great for me...

It may not be for everyone, but it is for me
laugh.gif
x2

DD

Love the amount of thought that Terry put into that. Maybe by the time I'm ready to build a 338LM he will have the folder available.

Love my two!

I would be hesitant to use any other bedding block system, but since it was designed and used by Terry I have no doubts that it's first class.

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be hesitant to use any other bedding block system, but since it was designed and used by Terry I have no doubts that it's first class. J</div></div>

I agree.

Jay

I feel your pain. I bought the Manners MCS-T5A with the MCS-DBM Mini Chassis during the recent group buy and it is currently hosting my .260. Both are great stocks and support the actions very well. Biggest difference to me is in the thumbhole/grip area. I am not going to say one is better than the other as that is a personal feel issue. I think you should try to get behind both before you decide which one to buy.

I do like or favor some of the unique design features of the KMW SENTINEL Combat Stock. I also feel that the finish on the SENTINEL will weather the day to day storm and abuse a little better.

I just need more ammo and time behind them both.

DSCF0627.jpg

I know it is a matter of opinion but which one do you like the feel of better as far as a all around stock. i wanted a sentinel for a long time but didn't have the patience so i ordered a t5a which will be here soon. mine is almost identical to yours except i used campfire camo and it has a atlas rail.

That's stock looks awesome. The color is the bomb also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the amount of thought that Terry put into that. </div></div>

Yes Terry put a lot of ideas in to this stock. Things that he found that work. I talked to him at great length about this stock. Some of these stocks have found there way on to some different prize tables.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is awesome! Whats the wait time on these guys?</div></div>

Give Terry a call, sounds like they are catching up, and might even have something in stock
wink.gif

DD

Looks very nice. I guess I don't understand why stocks need such wide forends unless you're planning on doing most of your shooting off bags or a benchrest. Seems to me a liability for any position other than prone + bipod or off a sandbag rest. Great for an F-class, benchrest and maybe varmint rifle. Not so great for other applications.

very nice! always wanted to get one of his stocks

where in n.e. ohio are you? what range are those pics taken at?

I too should be getting mine any day! Cant wait. I think although the most expensive it IS the most ergonomic design to come out. And I love manners. This will be my first Mcmillan for personal use in years. It has so much Terry I have a hard time calling it a Mcmillan. Thank you much Terry!

Jason

Congrats on your new stock! I love mine and am looking forward to getting another one.
laugh.gif

Cheers,
LS

Crossgun, Love that stock! You can't go wrong with a sentinel.

Beale

I love that stock. Probably would have gone with it if it had been available when I was putting my rifle together.

My painter will be ready on June 17th and heading to GAP for paint, and gunsmith mods :eek:)

You can't fathom how jealous i am of you. Ha seriously great looking build and stock. I eagerly wait to build a new custom bolt gun in the next couple of years.

I have another Sentinel on the way for a Surgeon XL action. Going to mimic Terry's longsword rifles. They are great stocks, very comfortable and the attention to detail, as in features it contains are amazing. There was a lot of thought and time put into the Sentinel design.

I can't freaking wait for my gun to be done. 9 1/2 months in and I got a call that the barrel work was done just waiting on paint. I originaly sent the parts with a A5 but later ordered and sent a SENTINEL for the build. I love my custom .308 but this will be my dream gun.

how much did the complete stock weight with mounting block? was it light fill or standard?