• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New knife...got it a lil while back RAT 5

DeadPool

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Florida
www.addaxtactical.com
I got this Ontario RAT 5 a while back and just wanted to share some pics with you guys. It was pretty cheap ~$80 but it seems to be a great knife. It's super solid and the coating on the blade seems to be very durable.

The micarta handle feels really good as does the shape of the handle. It fits well in my hand and feels secure.

Anyway, if anyone was thinking about getting a good new knife in a lower price range, this knife would fit the bill.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Re: New knife...got it a lil while back RAT 5

Nice knife!! I purchased a RAT-7 last year, and I have put that knife through hell and back. No, they don't carry the super high price tag like alot of knives, but I think they are more than worth their price tag.

Really good knives at a great price!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice knife!! I purchased a RAT-7 last year, and I have put that knife through hell and back. No, they don't carry the super high price tag like alot of knives, but I think they are more than worth their price tag.

Really good knives at a great price!!

DK</div></div>

It's definitely worth more than what it sells for. Great knife.

Never had one of those, but I had a folder from ontario. Dang I can't remember exactly which, but it was limited production and it was heck of a knife. I've been thinking about one of these to hang on my bag, but I've been torn between these rats and esee rats! Nice looking sticker though

I have one of the rat esee rc-3's. And really like it

I have been looking hard at a RD tanto with the 7in blade that makes a heck of a knife for $72

Dustin

I have a Rat-5 as well, its a great camp/utility knife! I've worn a lot of the finish off of mine, but it takes a beating and always comes back for more.

I'm really impressed with it. Like others have said, it's definitely worth more then its price tag. If anyone is on the fence about buying one, just do it!

Nice.. first ESEE on the way.. ESSE 4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.. first ESEE on the way.. ESSE 4 </div></div>

You won't be disappointed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.. first ESEE on the way.. ESSE 4 </div></div>

You won't be disappointed!</div></div>

Arrived and can't believe I waited this long to get one.

Glad to see and hear the good reviews, I myself plan on getting the Esee 6 as soon as I can save up a few extra dollars. Going to put this in my Kifaru Koala, seems like a really nice knife for the money.

The ESEE-5 and Rat-5 are different knives BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.. first ESEE on the way.. ESSE 4 </div></div>

Arrived and can't believe I waited this long to get one. </div></div>

Very cool bro. I knew you'd like it. Watch out for the ESEE bug! You'll have one of all of them before you know it! lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.. first ESEE on the way.. ESSE 4 </div></div>

Arrived and can't believe I waited this long to get one. </div></div>

Very cool bro. I knew you'd like it. Watch out for the ESEE bug! You'll have one of all of them before you know it! lol!</div></div>

+1. I bought an izula, then rc4 the. I got the rat pack rc3. Still want the rest of them. I haven't checked lately but is their izula folder out yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1. I bought an izula, then rc4 the. I got the rat pack rc3. Still want the rest of them. I haven't checked lately but is their izula folder out yet? </div></div>

I looked today & it seems the elusive Izula folder STILL isn't in production. It was supposed to be unveiled this time last year. Who knows...

I have been following the company for a while now and continue to be impressed with their overall fit and finish, I have not heard a bad comment yet.

They are great knives. I carry a Buck Strider 888 but have a friend who swears by his RAT.

k9g

I just ordered the Esse machette and a Rat 7.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had the bug for awhile now cant stop buying
Rtak2
2-Rat-3s
Rat-5
Esee-5
Esse-3
Junglas
th_knives016.jpg
th_knives015.jpg
</div></div>