• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Kopfjaeger Sling from HTI Gear(First Look)

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
HTI Gear is starting to put out their product line. After the success of the Sniper Skid Plate, next up is the Kopfjaeger Sling:

Skid%20Plate%2002.jpg

Skid%20Plate%2001.jpg

AS this is a first look, I will have to add more/better info when I can. The slings are listed on the Triad site:

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Rifle Slings*::*HTI Kopfjaeger Sling

They will not be in stock for several weeks. As always, you can follow the link and fill out the request for notification of when they are IN STOCK and ready to ship.

Last edited:
It's the new German shot equivalent to our Concrete mixer which is 151 and baileys, except they use Copenhagen spit and jäger 50/50 mix. Yum

It's the new German shot equivalent to our Concrete mixer which is 151 and baileys, except they use Copenhagen spit and jäger 50/50 mix. Yum

A German manly enough for Copenhagen? I think not!

I assisted with the design of this sling, as well as shoot it on my rifles. The sling is very functional and built like a tank.

Hey we are talking about Germans here... Not the French. Anyone manly enough to drink crafts of warm beer all day long in the hot summer sun is ok by me. Don't let 'The German' give all the Germans a bad name. Lol

Hey we are talking about Germans here... Not the French. Anyone manly enough to drink crafts of warm beer all day long in the hot summer sun is ok by me. Don't let 'The German' give all the Germans a bad name. Lol

I agree_
I don't drink alcohol, therefore on the same hot w.,I've tried ONCE only to drink peppermint syrup mixed with straight sparklin'water from one of THEIR full one-liter glasses w.handles_ ...ended not-so-well_

Quiet you.

I should've known you'd catch me. I kid, my dads first language is German, and my first Seargent Major in division was a gnarly German dude named Klaus Meckenstock. He swallowed his dip on jumps since you couldn't have spitters. Still, you know how the ones from the motherland are... ;)

I should've known you'd catch me. I kid, my dads first language is German, and my first Seargent Major in division was a gnarly German dude named Klaus Meckenstock. He swallowed his dip on jumps since you couldn't have spitters. Still, you know how the ones from the motherland are... ;)

Yeah, we're pretty much all crazy.

I still don't know why room temperature soda is ok.

Yeah, we're pretty much all crazy.

I still don't know why room temperature soda is ok.

The USA leads the world in energy consumption to keep our drinks not just cold... Ice cold. We wouldn't have it any other way. I bet if it was warm we wouldn't drink so much and not be so fucking fat though. This thread is making me hungry for a brat with sourkraut. Y'all got some good mustards in Germany as well the the best glass in any sort of optics. If I would live anywhere in Europe other than Italy, it would probably be Germany. Italy is my great grandfathers homeland which is the reason for #1. Not that any of you give a damn.

Thanks for all the helpful information about how you chew and keep your drinks.

I should have more photos of the sling by tomorrow.

I just wish you guys would quit coming out with better slings. I have a quick cuff, a slip cuff, the slip cuff with the QR buckles - now this? Do you hate me? I only have a few riles - and now a drawer full of slings that got one-upped. Stop it already. ;)

Reactions: eveyoz
I just wish you guys would quit coming out with better slings. I have a quick cuff, a slip cuff, the slip cuff with the QR buckles - now this? Do you hate me? I only have a few riles - and now a drawer full of slings that got one-upped. Stop it already. ;)

With that logic, would you still be driving a Model "T"??????

Looking at the instruction sheet, states "rotate 180 inward" Normally on a sling used as in High Power, it's "outboard" to avoid the wrist bite. Must be a design feature.

Looking at the instruction sheet, states "rotate 180 inward" Normally on a sling used as in High Power, it's "outboard" to avoid the wrist bite. Must be a design feature.

I just received one of these slings from Triad, but it did not come with an instruction sheet. Can someone tell me where to find one (web or otherwise)?

thanks

CXan you point me to the instruction sheet? I received my sling today, but no instructions were included. Sorry for being too stupid to figure this out myself. Thanks

Detailed directions can be found with pictures on the web page titled, GEAR. It is at the top of the page on the right, titled, INSTRUCTIONS.
Feel free to call at any time with questions.
Thank you for purchasing HTI gear.

Phil

How quickly adjustable are these? I have a slip cuff with the buckles at the moment. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't adjust front section length quickly since I need it at different lengths for sitting vs prone.

I had a chance to mess with this sling and I am not impressed with it at all. I don't like the adjustments in the sling. Way to many pull tabs and not very quick to get out of it when I need to get out of the gun and sling and transition. I have the TIS Quick Cuff and TAB slings and I like them instead of this sling. The other issue is the price of this sling, it is really over priced compared to the others mentioned.

I can do everything with the other slings for just about half the price of this one.

The sling was designed with the intent of having your front section adjusted prior to entering the cuff. It is extremely easy to sling up, and the more tension you have on the cuff, the easier to reverse the action and open up the cuff. As far as having the front section be adjustable, the demand was not there in testing. It is a feature which would be easy to incorporate. There are other slings out there half the price, but then again they don't have the same design as this one does. The pricing on this includes the donation per unit that goes directly to Americansnipers.org. Both the TIS by Mike Miller and the TAB sling by Tony Burkes have been around a very long time and are well established slings. In fact I have owned and used both of these. The HTI sling is simply a different approach to the same problem. Some people love it, some people dont.
Should any questions arise, you can contact me direct at any time.

Last edited:
Phil congrats on new sling.

Guys there are many different designs out there and it is best to try them all and pick which works best for you.

When I start teaching again this spring I will have one of these on a rifle, just like I do my designs and TAB's designs. This allows guy to try and see what fits his style of shooting best

Last edited:
I just ordered one along with a skid place. Just waiting on the order confirmation and I'll give it a try when I'm back stateside in the spring.

Really forward to it.

Thank you for supporting HTI! Stay safe and let me know how it works for you when you get back.

Phil,
I love it so far. I didn't get a chance to use it too much over the weekend as we were prepping for Rifles only. However, I got a chance to show the sling to a couple guys that shoot for a very reputable team in PRS and they really like a lot of the features (mainly the heavy duty metal pieces and the material used for the Cuff tensioner/de-tensioner. Good product! Can't wait till I can get it really worn in.

Shanerbanner,
Great to hear you like it! I am positive once you get it set up for your just right, you will get a lot out of it.
Thanks for the purchase, and enjoy your new sling!

Anymore updates on this sling? Maybe a comparison to the TAB RAS?

I can compare it to the T.I.S. Quick cuff. I like it because it is self adjusting. The quick cuff's limitation is that you cannot change the front sling length when you change from prone, sitting, kneeling and standing. This new sling I just won at the Sniper's Hide Cup is great, because it can be adjusted quickly.

The sling was designed with the intent of having your front section adjusted prior to entering the cuff. It is extremely easy to sling up, and the more tension you have on the cuff, the easier to reverse the action and open up the cuff. As far as having the front section be adjustable, the demand was not there in testing. It is a feature which would be easy to incorporate. There are other slings out there half the price, but then again they don't have the same design as this one does. The pricing on this includes the donation per unit that goes directly to Americansnipers.org. Both the TIS by Mike Miller and the TAB sling by Tony Burkes have been around a very long time and are well established slings. In fact I have owned and used both of these. The HTI sling is simply a different approach to the same problem. Some people love it, some people dont.
Should any questions arise, you can contact me direct at any time.

I have found that the front section does not need adjusting because the cuff itself is adjustable. This is way better than that TIS quick cuff design. Thank you for making such an awesome sling.

I had a chance to mess with this sling and I am not impressed with it at all. I don't like the adjustments in the sling. Way to many pull tabs and not very quick to get out of it when I need to get out of the gun and sling and transition. I have the TIS Quick Cuff and TAB slings and I like them instead of this sling. The other issue is the price of this sling, it is really over priced compared to the others mentioned.

I can do everything with the other slings for just about half the price of this one.

The quality is there, yes, but so is the price. This sling as not that much more than the Quick Cuff, is it? I think it is a good buy because the materials are very heavy duty. In my competitions, this thing will get run through the dirt, the sun, the grass, cactus, etc. Glad it is hefty.

I find this is more versatile than the TIS Quick Cuff. I can go with multiple positions better than I could with the Quick Cuff. The TIS, while a great sling, is not as adjustable. The other drawback for the TIS is that you cannot adjust it quickly or easily. I was stuck with a moderate lenth that made transitions difficult: I could only get my head through first and then my arm. But the Kopfjaeger is much longer and allows for easier transitions, in my opinion, humble as it may be.

Nevadazielmeister,
Thank you for the honest review!
I am glad this is working well for you, and you found the flexibility in adjustments.
Appreciate the support, as does Americansnipers.org and the boys downrange. A portion of EACH sale goes to Brian Sain and his charity which funds active duty snipers in combat operations.
Thanks again,

Phil