• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New Krylon Pattern

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
Played around with this pattern last night, what do you guys think?
1zh2kat.jpg

rkymv6.jpg

Re: New Krylon Pattern

Cool man. Very cool. Looks like a fish scale pattern up close,should blend in well from a distance. I have a rifle in safe named snake due to pattern. Would like info on how pattern was done,if it's not personal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carbon Fiber. </div></div>

+1

Does have the carbon fiber look. I've used decoy nags before, this is a smaller pattern, laundry bag as stated.

Looks great!

I used a Khaki base coat on the stock and then proceeded with a rubber carpet pad my wife uses to put under throw rugs so they dont slide on our hardwood floors.This was purchased at a carpet outlet. This was thw first attempt with this pattern. I did it for a friend who told me to use my own judgement. I like the way it turned out.
Thanks Guys for the comments!

like snake skin! very nice -try a base coat of coyote brown with od green / gray bands .....play time !

If you would like to practice some more I will send you the stocks off of my Contender. Practice on mine then send them to me. I love it.

Looks great.

I like it..., but...

All of the patterns in this thread only work up close. From a distance they merge.

I don't want to trust my fanny to a camo pattern somebody has to get up close to in order to get the full effect.

Anything under an inch (1 MOA), is unresolvable by the MK-1 eyeball at 100yd. Go bigger, so it actually matches the size of the surrounding clutter. <span style="font-style: italic">Then</span> it's camo...

Greg