• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Labradar App now available

The new app is an improvement. The UI is completely new.
  • Series and individual shot details available on one screen (you can see your SD and which shot ruined your SD without switching to a different screen)
  • There is a note feature allowing you to type notes for each shot and series
  • You can edit the Labradar's settings through the app (trigger level, velocity range, arm time, units, etc. )
  • You can export data directly from the app.
I know not all of these features are new but the settings feature for example was pretty well hidden in the old app. Now it's easily accessible through a settings button in the top right corner.

Thank you LabRadar.
Now please add release notes to your firmware releases.

IMG_6241.PNG
IMG_6239.PNG
IMG_6240.PNG

Patiently waiting for the Android version. Hopefully it will drop before the end of the year. :confused:

So this will work with any labradar? I bought mine in 2018.
Yes. You might have to update your firmware. My Labradar is a few years old and the app worked for me without the firmware update. I think I’m running 1.2.4

Reactions: KYAggie
The new app is an improvement. The UI is completely new.
  • Series and individual shot details available on one screen (you can see your SD and which shot ruined your SD without switching to a different screen)
  • There is a note feature allowing you to type notes for each shot and series
  • You can edit the Labradar's settings through the app (trigger level, velocity range, arm time, units, etc. )
  • You can export data directly from the app.
I know not all of these features are new but the settings feature for example was pretty well hidden in the old app. Now it's easily accessible through a settings button in the top right corner.

Thank you LabRadar.
Now please add release notes to your firmware releases.

View attachment 7781663View attachment 7781664View attachment 7781665
I’m glad they added the function to name a series and add notes. I used to take a screen shot and name the photo for notes.

Something to note- once you update to the new app you will lose any data saved in the current app. All my data is on my SD card so once I connected to the new app and connected the Labradar it all merged to the new app. You can access and edit data within the app without the Labradar being connected at that point.

Reactions: A.Huggy
Where can I buy one of these Labradar
They seem to be out of stock everywhere!
Would a new one have the update already installed?

Where can I buy one of these Labradar
They seem to be out of stock everywhere!
Would a new one have the update already installed?
I got mine from Anarchy Outdoors. You can call them and get on the wait list.

Must have gotten the last one as Bruno's now shows them out of stock.

Good for you, mate. I'm very happy with mine.
That Great to hear was going to go with a Magneto but with my 300 win mag RPR and that muzzle break I figured spend another 200 and not worry about it working with different guns. What accessories did you get for yours???

@Uahtrapper

I bought the MK machining aiming sight and Arcomachine quad stand and I’m happy w those choices.

Also, I bought mine from Labradar and purchased their power bank. It eats batteries like crazy and the power bank is a must IMO. Be careful if you buy a diff bank to make sure output matches what they sell. I have this vague memory of someone buying one w too high an output and damaging their unit but can’t really recall any details.

My suppressor will prob clear the ATF in Mar and I will buy a recoil trigger at that time.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
That Great to hear was going to go with a Magneto but with my 300 win mag RPR and that muzzle break I figured spend another 200 and not worry about it working with different guns. What accessories did you get for yours???
The power bank for sure and a recoil trigger is a must if running a suppressor.

Reactions: Uahtrapper
Reactions: Baron23
I shoot over mine suppressed all the time. No problems picking it up without a recoil trigger.

what are your settings and how close are you when shooting with your suppressor? I almost always have to use the recoil trigger when im shooting suppressed.

Reactions: Uahtrapper
I shoot over mine suppressed all the time. No problems picking it up without a recoil trigger.
Mine picks up most suppressed shots without the trigger, maybe 90%. Or get 100% with the trigger.

what are your settings and how close are you when shooting with your suppressor? I almost always have to use the recoil trigger when im shooting suppressed.

I'd have to check on settings. I'll see if the app saves them...

Muzzle is about 6 inches left and 2-3 inches behind the unit when shooting.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
What caliber? Just curious as I should get my suppressor out of jail in 2-3 months (god willing LOL) for a 6.5 manbun. My buddy says his suppressed 6.5 won't reliably trigger his Labradar but I certainly intend to try this out myself when I get the suppressor.

Cheers

I called scheels and they shipped me one very fast. I couldn’t have been happier with their service. Very excited to try this app as I love the lab radar but the interface is a bit difficult to use. I also bought the sight from mk machine, that’s supposed to be a very worth while upgrade.

What caliber? Just curious as I should get my suppressor out of jail in 2-3 months (god willing LOL) for a 6.5 manbun. My buddy says his suppressed 6.5 won't reliably trigger his Labradar but I certainly intend to try this out myself when I get the suppressor.

Cheers
The man bun, usually. Don't have issues with a 223 or 6mm predator either though. This is all with a nomad, so plenty of volume to suck up the blast.

Reactions: Baron23
Install is pretty trivial. Download the fw, extract the zip, plop the two firmware files onto the root of the SD card, and turn the LabRadar on . . . done!
Did you have to delete everything on the card first?

What does the firmware update improve?

I did delete the few files on there....not sure I had to but it was easy. I did NOT have to reformat the SD card, just clean up old files.

What does the firmware update improve?
Its a completely new...and IMO improved...GUI and supposedly they fixed BT issues which I have not had with iOS but others have with Android. Dunno if Android is all fixed now or not.

My BT stopped connecting when I switched to an S21. My other phone stopped connecting when it updated to a newer OS version. LR claimed the new Android app will fix it.

I just looked and did not find the new app for android. I thought it was supposed to be released last week.

Not out yet. Was supposed to be released late this week.

I tested out the new app today. It works perfectly. Huge improvement!!

I need to do that still. Does it disconnect if your phone goes to sleep still (iOS). I used to have to make my phone never lock to keep it from disconnecting
I’m not sure. I set my phone so it wouldn’t go to sleep.

Reactions: TSpork
No - just throw the files on the root of the card with everything else. When it sees those filenames, it loads them. (Mine didn't have much on it, though . . . could always use a different card if need be - the files are deleted after the fw loads, so no need to keep using the card you load from.

Reactions: JLP.Payette