• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Lapua brass

Irelander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2006
Seneca, PA
I have been reloading for about a year or so and I have always shot Federal Premium factory loads and used the brass for reloading. Well I just got my first box of new Lapua brass and I am wondering if I need to prep them? Should I do the usual clean-> size-> trim-> debur-> chamfer-> ... or are they good to load out of the box?

Re: New Lapua brass

Lapua is great brass to use but ive found out that you still have to prep it out of the box.I got used to buying Nosler Competion brass and that is ready to go,it was weighed,trimmed,chamfered,deburred,flashholes dress up.Not Lapua though.

Thanks man. I was hoping I didn't need to prep it but I want to make sure I do it right.

May want to consider neck sizing if there are dents in the mouth. Otherwise, you are GTG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May want to consider neck sizing if there are dents in the mouth. Otherwise, you are GTG </div></div>

Yes, just make sure the necks are not dented.