• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Larue upper 4th July Special

It doesn't look like a bad deal for a complete upper especially given the prices of everything right now. The handguard is Mlok but it appears that it mates directly with the upper receiver like some daniel defense rifles. So if you buy it you're going to be stuck with that handguard forever, love it or hate it.

Cheaper than a 16” barrel cartage for my PredatOBR…. ordered one today.

Looking at the detailed photos on LaRue’s web page… it looks like a modified PredatOBR upper with screws holding the rail system to the rifle instead of quick release latches.

Looking at the detailed photos on LaRue’s web page… it looks like a modified PredatOBR upper with screws holding the rail system to the rifle instead of quick release latches.
It's a PredatAR style upper/handguard.

Appears to be a real bargain.... Lots of LaRue hater's out there......I have a lot of LaRue stuff that I have been pleased with. (never end a sentence in a preposition!). I'd buy it if I had room in my load-out room.

• Haha
Reactions: anotherwannabe
If I needed a 16" upper under $700 right now, I'd jump on this deal. ...But I don't, so I won't.

"It’s widely-recognized that we’re crafting the most accurate rifles on the planet"

What a crock of shit.. 😂

It's nothing more than a Rebranding of his ultimate upper kit except now you pay $700 and you don't get any of the lower components.

This^

It’s just an UU kit upper, minus the lower/LPK.

The only thing that’s widely recognized is Mark is full of shit and caters to those who fall for his marketing BS. I say that having a few of his products. Most of the barrels I’ve had from LT were sold because they would string like a mf’er once they got warm.

I ordered 2 different Larue lowers and was not impressed. 0/10 would not recommend! Maybe the uppers are a completely different story, but I suspect not.

My take: LaRue builds solid rifles and parts. The upper is a matched pair. He has a unique attachment between receiver and rail. Actually, quite good, but you are not replacing one without the other. His barrels are good. Better than average. Triggers are amougnst the best, and a good price. I think LaRue has not kept up with innovation and design change as much as some other quality brands, but some of his original designs are still classics. He could use more MLOK this and that.

But, I am not sure why the design is the way it is on this upper receiver. This upper does not fit the LaRue lower the way his Stealth uppers do. Nothing wrong with the function, but the design was not thought through. In the past, when you got a LaRue rifle, it was not just great quality build, but fit and finish were quite nice, aesthetically. I have an OBR, and love it. I have some FDE .308 they built with a heavy barrel that is fantastic just to hold. Here, when you match upper and lower, in the area of the rear pin there is no design harmony. There is a gap. The upper and lower are two different designs, and not really meant for each other.

But, for $700, great deal on a quality built upper. We are selling FN and Colt and Geissele for much more. :cool:

^^I have an early 16" OBR and it's been great. Purchase motivated by Army Service Members Giannell & Homeyer winning the 2010 Service Class International Sniper Competition using [SFC Giannelli -spotter (16" OBR) & SGT Homeyer -shooter (20" OBR) Team]; 8 out of 10 first round hits @ 500-1000M; With the 16" OBR " getting 12" plate hits consistently @ 800 meters"; "OBR much more accurate than SR25 & SAS"; "OBR shooting 0.5 MOA groups". They also used LaRue LT111 mounts with Night Force w/H58 reticles.

Bryan Litz used the LaRue OBR for some of his Long Range Shooting data.

So I cobbled together a 16" with S&B 5-25 w/ H59 reticle and indeed first round 800 M first round hits, not a problem.

Is the LaRue hate for the man or the equipment ?
DSCN2015 copy 2.JPG
Giannelli Homeyer 2010 International Sniper Competition Winners LaRue OBR copy.jpg
IMG_5177 copy.jpg
IMG_5179 copy 2.jpg
DSCN2740e copy 3.jpg

Reactions: GLD1980
Interesting that some people feel the older LaRues are more accurate. Just happened to take my LaRue out today. Probably had it for 8-9 years, so I guess it's one of the older ones. Hadn't shot it in a while and was pleasantly surprised. My memory is that it generally shot about 1.25" groups, which I was always a little disappointed with since others seemed to be getting much better results.

Well today, in somewhat windy conditions I was getting outstanding results. Did I have a couple of horrible flyers? Yup, but I was generally able to call them. And with IMI 77gr. Razorcore I was getting some fantastic results. 3 of my 5 shot groups were just about .5". Shot at 100 yards using a 1.8x10 U.S. Optic scope. Another group came in about .7" And I only shot about 8-9 groups, several with another brand of ammo that wasn't getting as good results. So it's not like I'm cherry picking these groups out of dozens.

Not sure if I just found some ammo the gun really likes, or if my technique may have actually improved since I last shot it. But I'm super happy with the results.

Also have a newer LaRue with a 12.5" barrel and a 1x8 Nightforce scope. May try taking it out next time I go to the range with IMI 77 gr. ammo just to see what I can do.

Back in 2010 when the AR market was starting to free up, LaRue rifles were cutting edge and he used a quality Barrel blank (Lothar Walther) and that's how his rifles won the 2010 Service Class International Sniper Competition.

Mark is his own worst enemy and his inability to put his ego aside and give the customers what THEY want is why his Flagship rifles are no longer relevant, instead he puts out shit that nobody asked for and the market isn't demanding but he finds success because he found his niche in the budget base community.

You'd never in a million years see John Paul or Glenn Seekins act the way Mark does and that's why they will all be here long after LaRue.

For all the ragging on LaRue you do, you should just start your own firearms company and compete already.

I’ve been contemplating grabbing one of these. Then I look at my 16” lmt “spr” sitting there without an optic and realize it’s something I’m never gonna shoot.

I'll admit I was pretty tempted by this. I have a spare blemished PSA lower I recently picked up for cheap, so basically for $700 and the price of a MBT trigger (which I put in all my AR's) I'd have another really nice AR. But then I'd need to get more mags, a decent optic and rings, etc. And I already have two LaRue's plus a half dozen other AR's so I clearly don't need another AR. And I just spent a bunch of money on a couple of suppressors, so I had to exercise some self-control and pass.

And yeah, never seen bigjake pass on an opportunity to bash LaRue. Not sure what the history is there. Did Mark steal your girlfriend? Impregnate your sister? Give you wedgies when you were a kid?

Reactions: BoreBear
I'll admit I was pretty tempted by this. I have a spare blemished PSA lower I recently picked up for cheap, so basically for $700 and the price of a MBT trigger (which I put in all my AR's) I'd have another really nice AR. But then I'd need to get more mags, a decent optic and rings, etc. And I already have two LaRue's plus a half dozen other AR's so I clearly don't need another AR. And I just spent a bunch of money on a couple of suppressors, so I had to exercise some self-control and pass.

And yeah, never seen bigjake pass on an opportunity to bash LaRue. Not sure what the history is there. Did Mark steal your girlfriend? Impregnate your sister? Give you wedgies when you were a kid?

Yes he knocked up my sister who just happens to be my girlfriend so it's a very sensitive and emotional topic, I'm still in therapy.

LaRues upper kits are great. My factory LaRue Grendel (same setup) is one of my most accurate rifles and my 14.5 stealth UU is incredible with higher build quality than all my SR-15s and damn near my LMTs. I wouldn’t put it through a high-round beat down like I would with a KAC or LMT, but that’s not what they’re designed for.

They don’t have the combat pedigree outside of maybe the OBR sniper comp thing. (OBRs are also awesome, super accurate and run like sewing machines).

I’m lucky enough to own quite a few high-end rifles and LaRue is right there with a lot of them (AI, KAC, LMT, Noveske, HK, Tikka, Q, Wilson, B&T, Sig, Customs, etc.) AI, LMT and B&T are straight up crazy nice, but LaRue is no slouch.

Yes, Mark LaRue is a colorful character, but the engineers that work for him are stellar. There is absolutely no better upper for $699 including a BCG. You can’t even build one at a discount that even remotely compares.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
You:

"It’s widely-recognized that we’re crafting the most accurate rifles on the planet"

What a crock of shit.. 😂

It's nothing more than a Rebranding of his ultimate upper kit except now you pay $700 and you don't get any of the lower components.

Also You, selling a LaRue barrel:

“Barrel is Like new with less then 100rds fired, shoots 1/2 MOA with 168 FGMM. $595+ shipping”

You:

Also You, selling a LaRue barrel:

“Barrel is Like new with less then 100rds fired, shoots 1/2 MOA with 168 FGMM. $595+ shipping”

What's your point? I have several of them laying around. I've got two in 5.56 one in 6.5 Grendel and another 20" .308 OBR Barrel. Make me a offer I'll cut you a sweet deal.

Thanks for the free bump BTW.

What's your point? I have several of them laying around. I've got two in 5.56 one in 6.5 Grendel and another 20" .308 OBR Barrel. Make me a offer I'll cut you a sweet deal.

Thanks for the free bump BTW.
I’m trying to understand what the “crock of shit” is about? Clearly it’s not about how accurate his barrels are.. but they are shit because the aren’t Lother Walthers, circa 2010? Shooting factory ammo at 1/2 MOA isn’t good enough?

Being a whiny little bitch about buying a used Tobr, publicly complaining about a non-issue to LaRue, then smearing the owner all over the internet because he was clearly sick of your Karen-ass complaining about how your feelings were hurt, is simply not cool.

Mark puts high quality firearms (billet receivers, top triggers, accurate barrels, unique Swag, etc.) in people’s financial reach that would otherwise be forced to buy lesser quality firearms.

I’m trying to understand what the “crock of shit” is about? Clearly it’s not about how accurate his barrels are.. but they are shit because the aren’t Lother Walthers, circa 2010? Shooting factory ammo at 1/2 MOA isn’t good enough?

Being a whiny little bitch about buying a used Tobr, publicly complaining about a non-issue to LaRue, then smearing the owner all over the internet because he was clearly sick of your Karen-ass complaining about how your feelings were hurt, is simply not cool.

Mark puts high quality firearms (billet receivers, top triggers, accurate barrels, unique Swag, etc.) in people’s financial reach that would otherwise be forced to buy lesser quality firearms.

You must be on sabbatical from AR15.com...

I'm glad you're a Fan, ignorance is bliss! but give it enough time and buy enough LaRue products and you'll find out the hard way. You don't like what I have to say? Block me!

Oh and remind me why he's not allowed on the Hide?? And why's he blocked from posting on your homefront AR15.com as well??

And while we're talking could you direct me to one single online review of his 6.5 Creedmoor PredatOBR? Outside or AR-15.com??

Last edited:
To anyone that has ordered one, has your order status changed to “shipped”?

Yes he knocked up my sister who just happens to be my girlfriend so it's a very sensitive and emotional topic, I'm still in therapy.
Was your sister the one who gave you wedgies too? Sounds like you miss the rectal stimulation so instead have taken to the Internet to make up for the lack of prostate stimulation. They might not shot to your level accuracy but have you ever tried sticking a LaRue up your ass, might be just the thing for you to cope with your issue? Its a lot cheaper than therapy.

You must be on sabbatical from AR15.com...

I'm glad you're a Fan, ignorance is bliss! but give it enough time and buy enough LaRue products and you'll find out the hard way. You don't like what I have to say? Block me!

Oh and remind me why he's not allowed on the Hide?? And why's he blocked from posting on your homefront AR15.com as well??

And while we're talking could you direct me to one single online review of his 6.5 Creedmoor PredatOBR? Outside or AR-15.com??
post of the year

Was your sister the one who gave you wedgies too? Sounds like you miss the rectal stimulation so instead have taken to the Internet to make up for the lack of prostate stimulation. They might not shot to your level accuracy but have you ever tried sticking a LaRue up your ass, might be just the thing for you to cope with your issue? Its a lot cheaper than therapy.
There is so much latent homosexuality in this post. Stop living in denial and projecting onto others.

^^I have an early 16" OBR and it's been great. Purchase motivated by Army Service Members Giannell & Homeyer winning the 2010 Service Class International Sniper Competition using [SFC Giannelli -spotter (16" OBR) & SGT Homeyer -shooter (20" OBR) Team]; 8 out of 10 first round hits @ 500-1000M; With the 16" OBR " getting 12" plate hits consistently @ 800 meters"; "OBR much more accurate than SR25 & SAS"; "OBR shooting 0.5 MOA groups". They also used LaRue LT111 mounts with Night Force w/H58 reticles.

So I cobbled together a 16" with S&B 5-25 w/ H59 reticle and indeed first round 800 M first round hits, not a problem.

Is the LaRue hate for the man or the equipment ?View attachment 7655806
Is that a ~27" group at 800?

Is the LaRue hate for the man or the equipment ?View attachment 7655806View attachment 7655807View attachment 7655808View attachment 7655809View attachment 7655812

One of those guys used to post on here IIRC

I was thinking I could even sprinkle some of that magical LaRue Dildo dust on the barrels and really spice things up.
Yes just be sure to use the magical barrel dust as a suppository pre insertion. Lol.
There is so much latent homosexuality in this post. Stop living in denial and projecting onto others.
Is it homosexual if a woman does it to you? Might wana take your own advice there sport. Your brain is the one that went homo.

@GreenGO Juan I like some back and forth shit talk as much as anyone, but you're trying too hard. It seems forced, a bit unnatural. Good jokes should feel organic and less hyper focused on one subject.

Oouch ! That was hurtful.
maxresdefault.jpg

No need to deflect, have you considered that maybe I am gay and therefore recognize it better than anyone?
well you know what they say, 'you can fix a pipe under the sink and that doesn't make you a plumber but you suck just one dik and well.....' lol

gotta have fun with it all right!
images.jpeg

Okay I am done. So how about those LaRue Barrels?? Personally never shot one.

Okay I am done. So how about those LaRue Barrels?? Personally never shot one.

See this is that AR-15.com Bullshit right here!!! this motherfuker ridicules me a person who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on the LaRue products for having a Strong Opinion about the bullshit fuckery that goes in that company that I've dealt with first hand!!

And now @GreenGO Juan just stuck his foot in his fucking mouth by just admitting he's never even shot a LaRue rifle.

See this is that AR-15.com Bullshit right here!!! this motherfuker ridicules me a person who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on the LaRue products for having a Strong Opinion about the bullshit fuckery that goes in that company that I've dealt with first hand!!

And now @GreenGO Juan just stuck his foot in his fucking mouth by just admitting he's never even shot a LaRue rifle.
Your butt hurt is quit obvious. You have been trashing this company for years repeating the same diatribe. The ass jokes and poking at your years of Butt hurt. Let it the fuck go and move on .