• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New League Rifle

GNAP

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
As part of my on going quest for the perfect 50’ iron sight league rifle, I’m always looking for new ones. My current main rifle is a Ruger Precision Rimfire, fitted with open sights for the league rules, the backup is a Remington 510 TargetMaster. After numerous calls and emails, I’ve narrowed it down to either a Savage B22 Precision or a Christensen Arms Ranger 22. Both are heavy barreled bolt actions, after talking to both technical departments, the barrel diameters are workable for a front sight and the also both have picitinney rails , to mount the rear peep sights. Also both are in the sub $700 price range.

Local dealers have them, so its down to look see and feel.

Welp, I finally broke down and bought the Christensen Arms Ranger 22, it should be here next week

My Christensen Arms Ranger 22, 22LR arrived today. I installed the front and rear iron sights, will try it out in the morning.

D3ADD393-76DA-4F8A-B4F6-9A1A1BEF9508.jpeg
3843191A-0D99-4446-B494-5BBF2ACB97EA.jpeg
88A754FE-33C5-447C-A4EF-1D8E5C3879CB.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
the front sight is a fully adjustable clamp-on Mossberg/Benelli tactical shot gun sight, rear sight is a fully adjustable after market M1 style fully adjustable peep sight.

Last edited:
I went to range last night, ran roughly 200 rounds through it over about a 3 hr session, hopefully the bolt action will free up a bit, but I like the rifle. It’s light weight, ergonomically comfortable, it feel good shooting.