• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New leather for new guns PIC"S

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Rob Longnecker at Tucker Gunleather made these for me, gunbelt too. STI Tactical 5.0 and Springfield XDS .45 ACP. They are nice, well made, fit really well .

Picture148.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Re: New leather for new guns PIC"S

Good looking leather! I like the modern function with the old school look, very cool.

Looks like nice leather, just one question, why the white thread?

I had a Tucker for my New Agent. It was a long ass wait but it was a nice leather IWB holster.

On the thread, I chose white because he didn't have neon yellow....no, really I liked the contrast. I'm color blind, so I always lean toward the bright side. Or maybe I just got some "brotha" in me.

I have been wearing the XDS everyday and it is very comfy and light. I will carry the STI all day Saturday, ...we'll see, I don't think it will be an everyday gun as much as I would like it to be.

I just feel if I did ever get in a shooting situation, like an active shooter, I would like a gun I could shoot better at longer range. Might be easier to hit the phuk. What do ya'll think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the thread, I chose white because he didn't have neon yellow....no, really I liked the contrast. I'm color blind, so I always lean toward the bright side. Or maybe I just got some "brotha" in me.

I have been wearing the XDS everyday and it is very comfy and light. I will carry the STI all day Saturday, ...we'll see, I don't think it will be an everyday gun as much as I would like it to be.

I just feel if I did ever get in a shooting situation, like an active shooter, I would like a gun I could shoot better at longer range. Might be easier to hit the phuk. What do ya'll think?</div></div>

Oh the imfamous hostage head shot...

You should always carry a gun that you can shoot well however if the 1911 is to heavy for you to comfortably then don't carry it and carry the XDS.

Personally I carry a glock 23 a majority of the time and compete with a glock 34 this means that generally speaking the ergonomics and feel of the pistols are the same. Being a 6'2" and 210 the weight of a full size pistol doesn't bother me however I have to change my dress more. If open carry was what I was doing I would likely carry the full size pistol but I compromise to allow my wardrobe to vary a little more but still carry a competent pistol.

As for your holsters they look good and honestly I think its a little silly for guys to complain about contrasting threads when you have a big shiny metal badge on it.