• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leica 25-50x82 Televid Spotting Scope

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Got a chance to check out one of these $4000 spotters at a box store near where I live.

First of all, the thing is bright, and even at 50x there is no dimming or haziness to the optics, very clear and pleasing viewing at 50x and the eyepiece is wide angle.

Heavy, but the size was compact enough and acceptable.

Downside - despite the APO designation, there was angry purple fringing <span style="font-style: italic">toward</span> the edges of the FOV on very bright objects, e.g. the top of a snowbank, or the roofline of a metal roof. I viewed through the scope in broad daylight, so it wasn't a "point sources of light in darkness" kind of thing. It wasn't a tiny sliver of fringing, it was an easily noticeable band. I showed the sales manager of the store to see if he could see it. He could. For $4000, this would be unacceptable to me.

YMMV.

Scott