• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Leica Rangemasters

Skip the new crf. I am sending one back. Underreported range by about 10% on everything we tested. Also very slow feedback compared to legacy leica rfers.

Skip the new crf. I am sending one back. Underreported range by about 10% on everything we tested. Also very slow feedback compared to legacy leica rfers.

In all fairness, this is a sample size of one. Hard to judge an entire line of products from one experience with one individual item from that product line.

What LRF's did you use to compare the new Leica to?

Not hard when it feels cheaper, has poor response time and is not accurate. I have owned every leica rangefinder goinig back to the old 800/1200 bricks. Compared with a set of geovids and a 2800.

Reactions: kthomas
Not hard when it feels cheaper, has poor response time and is not accurate. I have owned every leica rangefinder goinig back to the old 800/1200 bricks. Compared with a set of geovids and a 2800.

I have no experience with the new Leicas. Currently using a Terrapin-X.

I do have an older Leica 1600 that's now a golf range finder, that's been a good unit. It's a shame if what you are saying is true, that Leica is not keeping up with the competition with their newer offerings.