• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New lesson learned today

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
Check lists are a good thing to have along with check and check again before you start your procedures for loading.

One easy oversight that should either be at the very first of the list before loading is to CLOSE the dump window before putting powder in your scale, that is if you have an auto dispenser. If not at the beginning of your session, put it on your clean up list.

Watching Retumbo pour out the side of my Chargemaster as fast as it was going in was not a pleasant sight. I am sure there will be more follies to come in my future of reloading.

That is all. Carry on......

Just so you'll know, you are not alone.

Yup, I did it too......twice. Once with Varget, once several months later with IMR 8208 XBR.

I now religiously close the dump feature immediately after emptying the hopper when I'm finished with each reloading session.

Paul

Hold the cup,or whatever,up to the port until you have closed the door. Anyone who hasn't done this is smarter than most...

if you haven't spilled powder all over your bench atleast once in your reloading lifetime, then you're just not reloading correctly! LOL JK

been there, done that before.

Did it twice. Once with varget and once with H4350. Im very anal about closing the gate asap noe but I can guarantee you it will happen again in the future.

Just so you'll know, you are not alone.

Yup, I did it too......twice. Once with Varget, once several months later with IMR 8208 XBR.

I now religiously close the dump feature immediately after emptying the hopper when I'm finished with each reloading session.

Paul

Sigh, Me too.

i hate when i dump powder into a case that iv already charged, but dont realize it until i lift the funnel and sprinkle powder into all the other nearby cases.

You guys are cracking me up.....

Last night the Retumbo on my .338 rounds and tonight I damn near did the same thing with some XBR going into some .223 rounds. Lucky enough I checked right before I poured. I am going to kick my self in the ass if it happens again this week......lol.......

Worst one I had was running two autos next to each other one with H1000 and the other with 4064 loading 338LM and 308 at the same time. The 4064 went a little under and I dumped the pan of ~40grs of 4064 into the H1000 hopper. Luckily, I never fill any hopper very high but I still ended up tossing ~1000ish grs of H1000 into the garden. The lesson I learned was not to load while talking to friends. I run two autos next to each other all the time with no problems, but adding in a conversation derailed the load train.