• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold MOA reticle

near_miss

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Kentucky
I sent my older 2001? (can't remember) 4.5-14x50 Leupold Vari X iii Long Range Tactical in for a new reticle. They said the MOA reticle for SFP 14x was ready. I like it. Cost me around $150 and they cleaned and checked out my scope.

I don't post much, but learn a lot. This may be old news but I think it is interesting for those who have MOA turrets like me.

I tried to upload pictures, not sure if it will work.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 48
  • TS-32X1_reticle.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 50
I agree. I waited for two years, calling every 3 months, shooting a duplex reticle waiting for this. I was thinking to go for MIL/MIL but this scope was paid for! I may still move this to another rifle and get the 6.5-20 for those long shots.

I cant view an attachment on thia device but ia it like the TMR or tree type reticle? I just searched for it on Leupolds website and I couldnt find any info on it...

I don't shoot MOA anymore but dang they did a great job on that one! It should be very popular for the long range crowd.

GhostFace,

It is a tree type reticle. I can send you the PDF I got from Leupold if you like. 32 MOA down, 16 windage on each side.

Does anyone know the formula for estimating range with this reticle?

I believe it is (inches of target/MOA)x100=distance in yards.

I just use my Mil Dot Master, it works for both with some thinking... I love that thing.

Last edited:
I see it now that I am at my computer. I am going to send in the couple of scope we have and get this reticle, thanks for the heads up!

It really is a nice set up. Buddy of mine had it done, just had it out last weekend. So simple it's stupid. I'll be sending my 6.5-20 when they get that figured out.

Nice job on the reticle... except for the lack of stadia (hash) marks on the top half of the vertical crosshair (which are really handy if you want to hold under, or if you miss high).

Is Leupold offering a similar reticle in mils?

Last edited:
Nice job on the reticle... except for the lack of stadia (hash) marks on the top half of the vertical crosshair (which are really handy if you want to hold under, or if you miss high).

Is Leupold offering a similar reticle in mils?

The only one they offer in mils for the tree type is the Horus as far as I know.

This is awesome news, changes a lot if your looking for a good long range scope and currently have MOA knobs.

Anybody got a idea when they are doing 6.5x20x50?

I just got off thr horn with them about it and they said soon. It maybe my next scope to buy if a tree moa reticle doesnt come out for the PSTs...

Glad to see this from Leupold!! I have been considering having the Leupold Custom Shop
modify a Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x40 "target" scope by upgrading it to this reticle and M1 turrets.
I think this would be a good lightweight "target range" scope for my FN .308 bolt gun.
Any thoughts on this??

I asked the rep about illumination, our scopes have the illuminated reticles. He said right now illumination is not an option, they have not figured out any solution yet. He said they are still working on making the reticle fit/work with 6.5-20. No time line on illumnation and judging by his tone it was not a priority either. I aslo gathered this MOA reticle was resisted by the bosses but the techs/shooters pressed the issue. I told him how i have been buying Vortex with my money simply because they were not offering anything in MOA. I dont think he liked that but it is true, they some business because of it but I am sure the will gain some of it back. Its a damn good design, so good I might buy one. Just waiting on what this nee EBR2-C reticke from Vortex looks like first....

Another thought about this thread...have any of you heard when Leupold might have
the new TS-32 MOA reticle upgrade available for the Mark 4 3.5-10x40 models?

Sent an email to the tech dept. regarding having the reticle installed on one of my VX3 6.5-20x50 LR's and this is the response I received

"The prints are not ready for that model yet. I know our engineer is working on it now, but I suspect it may be at least a month or two before they are ready. Please check back."

I sent in the first four of our scopes to get the conversion, I really like the reticle alot! It seems better than the EBR-2C for me at least but I am not too thrilled about it not having an illuminated reticle. Any way if they will have the conversions ready for the 6.5-20 in a month then I will be on the hunt for a cheap 6.5-20....

Has anyone talked to Leupold custom shop about this and confirmed if it is avaialable yet in teh 6.5-20? I was planning on doing a FFP M5/MTR, but I should recieve back my 4.5-14 in a few weeks with this new retical and it would be a cheaper route to get the Second plane 6.5-20, very interested

I have the 6.5-20x50 with MOA M1 knobs and a TMR reticle. Using the TMR doesnt really bother me. I use it for wind holdoff but dial elevation. I know this would drive some guys nuts but as long as I keep everything strait in my head its ok. The decision I am trying to make is whenever this is available for my scope should I keep my illuminated TMR or lose the illumination and get an MOA reticle to match the turrets? I only hunt varmint. I'm not LE or MIL. Wecant hunt deer in Ohio with a rifle and I mostly just target shoot. I cant really think of a logical reason to keep the illumination but it sure is nice if I would ever need it. What to do.......

I've been eyeballing the Mark 6 and the Mark 8 but am an MOA shooter and don't want to go Mil/Mil. Saw they were offering this reticle and would love to see it in either/both of those scopes. Asked Leupold two weeks ago about an MOA in the Mark 6 or 8 and rep responded with: "There are developments pending; but we are currently working at bringing the TS-32 online with more of our hunting scopes at the moment."

One day...or maybe Vortex will lighten up the Gen II for me. :)

I sent them a mark4 4.5-14 and got it back with the new reticle in less than two weeks. Once it warms up here I'm going to take it out and play with it. Doesn't seem too busy, holdover dots are easy to discern, and line thickness is about perfect for me.

105gr - I agree on the 6.5-20x. I would love to have this reticle in that scope. FFP would be great, but I would settle for SFP. I need to call them back and see if it is available in the 6.5-20x yet. Anyone else have information on this? I have used this reticle in my 4.5-14x since my original post and have learned to love it.

I sent them a mark4 4.5-14 and got it back with the new reticle in less than two weeks. Once it warms up here I'm going to take it out and play with it. Doesn't seem too busy, holdover dots are easy to discern, and line thickness is about perfect for me.

Whaaaa? I'm still waiting on the four I sent off in December, time for me to make a phone call....

Just got off horn with leupold about mid April for the MOA retical in the 6.5x20x50 scopes. 159.99 for the job....

At least you are all getting responses. I have not heard anything in response to an email and VM I left them....

6.5-20x50 VX-III LR here too. Fine X-hairs.

Something is going on! Seriously when I call
There was 90 people on the line in front of me?
I was getting up dates as per my standings by a
Female recorded voice. Took about 20 minutes on
Hold to get to a tech.... Thanks god for speaker phone.

Well the 6.5-20 would be great. We just can't get to excited about April yet..... They kept giving me dates and promises for two years with the first one.... I will cross my fingers!!

Got a line on a scope, but its Vx3 1". Is this retical for 30 mm only?.. Do they have one for the 1" line scopes???

This would be a good upgrade for my old MK4 LR/T SFP but I think I will just sell it and get a new 6.5-20 FFP with this reticule in it when available. Not sure how much changing back and for between MILS and MOA will mess with me when switching guns. Might be better to stay with the MIL/MOA that im used to.

I talked to a guy about my 6.5-20 about a week ago. He said the ts-29x1 should be coming out mid march and once it passes qc they are ready to go. I was a little thrown off by the 29vs32 but with the higher magnifications they couldn't get the same hold over values.