• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold Scope: Mark 8 3.5-25x56mm (35mm) M5B2

SAATG

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
New Orleans, LA
782751a790eac30e6efed2fdf5eaa204.image.692x550.jpg

3b5eaf93a7b9f35b6a2393a13047759c.image.658x550.jpg

Site with info

Anyone lay hands on this scope yet?

Re: New Leupold Scope: Mark 8 3.5-25x56mm (35mm) M5B2

No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt.</div></div>

+1000000000000000000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>

why not?

Re: New Leupold Scope: Mark 8 3.5-25x56mm (35mm) M

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>

why not? </div></div>
New level, new look from Leupold,-why not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>I wouldn't pay the price S&B is asking for their scopes either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>

why not? </div></div>

The quality and durability of a S&B plus customer service.

I'm more interesting in their Mark 6 3-18 optic. It's gonna be a little cheaper but as of yet there is no info on any of their new scopes yet aside from SHOT Show videos.

I stopped by on Thursday over @ Leupold & handle one & eyed one for a while on my way back home from Portland. Nice to only live 30-Min from them .
I had to stop and really give one a looking over . It's a whole new ball game & animal with this new line . You feel it & see it the second you pick it up . & this is NOT any Mk4.
They stepped-up with these scopes . These are Beefy/stout and they will sell themselves even with that big sticker price.

August is the estimated ship date on these (moved back from June)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt.</div></div>

Until recently, I would completely agree, but in the last year or so Leupold has shown that they've turned a corner with their tactical scope line, finally started listening to end users and are producing an excellent tactical line with the Mk6 and Mk8.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>I wouldn't pay the price S&B is asking for their scopes either. </div></div>

I concur.
crazy.gif

why not? </div></div>

Because Leupold does not have to contend with the exchange rate from the euro to the dollar, nor the tariff’s getting it here. So is Leupold better than S&B, that’s what I see their marketing suggesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offence but I would never pay the same price for a leupy as I would for a Schmidt. </div></div>

why not? </div></div>

Because Leupold does not have to contend with the exchange rate from the euro to the dollar, nor the tariff’s getting it here. So is Leupold better than S&B, that’s what I see their marketing suggesting. </div></div> I'll go for it instead of another PMII but I'm still not touching it until they put the TMR reticle into it. There's no way I'm paying for that Horus upcharge and mil-dot just isn't going to cut it for a scope of this level. I prefer the M5B2 turrets to S&B anyhow.

Are you listening Leupold? Build it and you will sell it, to me and many others.

i agree. i luv my TMR reticle. if this comes out with the TMR, ill buy 2