• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Lightweight "Walk About" Rifle for My Property

Chopperguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2007
Spring Branch, TX
I've had several rifles I've carried around while walking the property or using my Kubota RTV for chores. We have a lot of varmints like coyotes, raccoons, skunks and even wolves that run the place and prey on the game animals and have pursued hunting dogs from time to time on the shooting preserve/game farm.

This rifle started life as a lefty Tikka T3 Stainless Lightweight in .223.

I took the rifle to gunsmith Jim Kobe for some work and conversion to 300 Blackout. On my home from OK & IA deer hunting I got word this little project was ready to be picked up.

Jim rebarreled this rifle in 300 Blackout, added the oversized bolt, metal bolt shroud, threaded the barrel for when I get to move out of this commie State and own a suppressor, bedded the action, tweeked the trigger and finished it at 16.5".

I got it it home and mounted a Leupold Gilmore red dot optic to it and loaded up some mags.

I could only shoot it at 85 yards on my rimfire & handgun range and just used shooting sticks standing.

It only took 6 shots to get a perfect zero as the windage was spot on already.

Ammo used was all factory Remington 115 grain loads and the Barnes 115 Tipped hunting loads.

This little rifle will be coming with me on all my walks and travels in the Kubota RTV around the property from now on.

Come on varmints! I'll post the first blood when it happens.

A couple 5 shot groups off the sticks in a strong & gusty winds.

image163.jpg

Re: New Lightweight "Walk About" Rifle for My Property

I have not weighed it yet, however it is light. The Blackout has virtually no recoil in this rifle.

That gun is gross, beyond ugly.

Here are some new hearing protectors.

image_1977.jpg

Beauty is as beauty does. Function and purpose over form any time for me.

No need for the hearing protectors. If you knew anything at all about the Blackout, you'd know why.

YMMV

Love constructive criticism. It provides so much intelligent input and adds significantly to the topic of conversation. Looking forward to more dribble at any time.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That gun is gross, beyond ugly.

Here are some new hearing protectors.

image_1977.jpg
</div></div>

How so is it gross? And why would show off ear protection?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That gun is gross, beyond ugly. </div></div>

A 300blk boltgun is on my short list. I think it looks great other than the fact it's wrong handed. Definitely looks better than a Savage 99, which looks like a sack of dicks.