• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Look for the APA 308 Win

BullzeyeNJ

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Just got a new Manners T4A stock with mini chasis a couple weeks ago. Perfect fit for my APA 308 Win that Jered built me last year. I really think I am going to like this stock. A couple pics...

DPP_0002.jpg

DPP_0001.jpg

Re: New Look for the APA 308 Win

Very nice! I approve of the new look, I want to own an APA one day.

Nice build! Your not far from me at all bullzeye. Im in morris county.

I really dig the new stock, and if it shoots half as good as it looks your gonna have one heck of a rifle on your hands

Did you bed it even with the Mini Chassis? It looks good, thats for sure.

Not bedded. Its not necessary with the mini chasis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you bed it even with the Mini Chassis? It looks good, thats for sure. </div></div>

She's a beaut man... Great looking stick! Love the glass. I'm envious over the glass... Lots of luck with it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's a beaut man... Great looking stick! Love the glass. I'm envious over the glass... Lots of luck with it
    </div></div>

Thank you. Its my first S&B scope and I really like it.

Here are some groups I shot the other day at the range. It was very windy out so not the best day for testing out new loads. Im still trying to find a load that works. I think I am getting there...

5 Rounds at 100 yards. 0.240"

IMG_0510.jpg

5 rounds, 100 yds: 0.317"

IMG_0509.jpg

3 rounds, 100 yds: 0.175"

IMG_0508.jpg

Nice rig ! APA makes one hell of a rifle. I love the GAP camo too. It makes a package complete.

is it sad that when you say apa i groan oh no and think of college english papers?

Nice rig Doc! Let me know when you want to stretch her legs!! 300 yds at Cherry Ridge ain't gonna cut it!!

My two recipes for the 308 loads that I used in my APA rifle:

1. 175gr SMK; RL15 43.2gr; BHA 5x fired brass; OAL 2.825"

2. Same components and OAL but 44.4gr of Varget

My APA likes RL15 a little bit better then the Varget...so far. I am still working up my ideal load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob L. Swagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great Paul, What recipe are you using there?

Bob</div></div>

Thanks. Manners doesnt paint stocks anymore so its not available through them. They did it for me b/c I was grandfathered in from when I placed my stock order. There are a few guys on here that can replicate that paint job exactly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteCliffsOfDover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a nice looking rifle. Are those T4A camo colors available from Manners??? </div></div>

Thanks for that. Im getting accustomed to the 175gr SMK heads for my upcoming training class with Black Hat in a couple weeks. We will be shooting over 1000 yards so I had to work up a load for the 175 gr SMK. Never shot that far with anything Im excited for the challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig Doc! Let me know when you want to stretch her legs!! 300 yds at Cherry Ridge ain't gonna cut it!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BullzeyeNJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for that. Im getting accustomed to the 175gr SMK heads for my upcoming training class with Black Hat in a couple weeks. We will be shooting over 1000 yards so I had to work up a load for the 175 gr SMK. Never shot that far with anything Im excited for the challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig Doc! Let me know when you want to stretch her legs!! 300 yds at Cherry Ridge ain't gonna cut it!! </div></div> </div></div>

Have fun. Freddy and Mike are great guys and fantastic instructors.