• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New lot of Bergers.

Greasegun

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
Loading Berger Hybrids, load tuned in nicely about .120 off the lands. Just got a new lot of bullets, and upon measuring found the base of the bullet to ogive measured consistently .010 different than the old lot.

Any of you Berger shooters find the need to retune your seating length with a new lot to maintain your tuned in load? Thanks!

I set my cartridge base to ogive length the same from lot to lot. So I’m running the same distance off the lands as the previous lot. I would set it so yours are the same .120” off and roll with that

Never hurts to test the gun if your worried. Especially if it’s a comp gun. Sometimes as the throat wears and what not you can achieve better accuracy adjusting the seating depth.

At .120” off I don’t think you’ll have any issues though

Just my $.02

I recheck every measurement when switching lots and adjust as needed but with Bergers, I haven't noticed much of a difference. I've had lots of Nosler Accubonds vary by as much as .037" BTO from the previous lot and shoot completely different. Thats why I mainly stick to Bergers now.

Loading Berger Hybrids, load tuned in nicely about .120 off the lands. Just got a new lot of bullets, and upon measuring found the base of the bullet to ogive measured consistently .010 different than the old lot.

Any of you Berger shooters find the need to retune your seating length with a new lot to maintain your tuned in load? Thanks!
I have two different lots of 105 hybrids that exhibit an BTO measurement that differs by nearly 0.028. I had to tune for the new lot.

Reactions: Greasegun
Thanks yall. I loaded 5 rounds to the same jump length as before, and will shoot to see if anything changes. Of note....didnt have to adjust seating die to achieve same CBTO. Ill report back.

Pretty much a given that you will experience lot to difference in Bergers and reset seating depth to get the proper jump. For my F/O rifles I measure and sort each bullet with a Hoover meplat trimmer. Even within the same lot variation can be expected.

Thanks yall. I loaded 5 rounds to the same jump length as before, and will shoot to see if anything changes. Of note....didnt have to adjust seating die to achieve same CBTO. Ill report back.
I was going to mention this. I went through the same this summer, I had to switch lots, I had been shooting the same lot in 4 rifles since 2018. New bullets were .028" shorter in OAL, .021" shorter base to ogive, but when I checked distance to lands with both old and new bullets, the difference was .001". Upon seating the new bullets, the same .001" was in play, I did not adjust anything and there was no change.
Berger 105 hybrids have always been a crap shoot lot to lot. Memory here, the shortest 105 hybrid I ever loaded was 1.252", and the longest was 1.293", pretty good spread over 6 yrs that I have shot them.