• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New LWRC

Re: New LWRC

Visit the LWRC forum. Quite a bit of chatter over there about it.
smile.gif

I did check it out at SHOT for a friend... I'm not really familiar with LWRC's models, so all I could glean from it was that it was basically a Tricon with a new rail system that was integral to the upper. I saw the two side by side and what their guy said made sense about changes to the upper. Sorry I don't have more info.

I'll say that never having handled an LWRC before I was impressed with the build quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The upper is neat.

Still cant stand the spiral fluting on a barrel though. </div></div>

Yeah, Not sure why they didn't go with straight flutes. Maybe they wanted to be different. I think I could deal with it

Looks like a nice stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Still cant stand the spiral fluting on a barrel though.</div></div>

Variety is the spice of life. This having been my first hands on with LWRC I thought the spiral flutes were really kick ass.

The spiral fluting increases the surface area of the barrel to promote faster cooling...suppposedly. I own an LWRC without the fluting and it works just fine without that weird ass spiral fluting on it. I think if I was to buy a weapon with fluting I would go with the "golf ball divot" indentations on the barrel. IMO they look better.

Are the LWRCs in 5.56 pretty accurate? I've read a bunch on the REPRs, but I was thinking of picking up an 18" SPR in 5.56.