• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW M-BRACE Scope Rings from American Rifle Company

karagias

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2010
Washington
www.americanrifle.com
Greetings snipers and other liberty-loving Earthly inhabitants,

American Rifle Company has given our beloved M10 Scope Rings a new look and a new designation for the 2020s and beyond. Hence forth, they will be dubbed M-BRACE Scope Rings which ought not to come as a surprise considering the recent introduction of our M-BRACE Uni-Mount. See M-BRACE Uni-Mount on the Hide at: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...pe-mount-from-american-rifle-company.7092685/

The new M-BRACE rings are functionally equivalent to the OG M10s. So then why did we do this? Well, I was just screwing around one day and thought I’d explore a new look for the rings. It didn’t take long to stumble upon something I thought looked pretty cool so I showed the design to others at ARC and all were in agreement that, yeah, they look cool. And truth be told, I actually designed these before designing the M-BRACE Uni-Mount which inherited in good looks from me, no, I meant from the revised M10 design. Now it makes sense that the M-BRACE Scope Rings and the M-BRACE Uni-Mount resemble one another. The new M-BRACE scope rings are also a bit beefier than the originals, again, just because I thought they looked cool that way. And there you have it.

Price for the M-BRACE Scope Rings is $179, same as that for the M10 Scope Rings. We’ll be discontinuing but not discounting the M10 rings so if you must have the originals, get them while they last. Some sizes are already gone.

So, come and get the best scope rings in the industry brought to you by the self-proclaimed and undisputed scope ring champion, American Rifle Company. But seriously they are the best and everyone knows it. Available here: https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/1414

And as always, thank you all for your business.

Ted
M-Brace%20Render5.100.png

M-Brace%20Render5.101.png

M-Brace%20Render5.102.png

M-Brace%20Render5.103.png

sizes.png

Last edited:
They do in fact look neat. I assume the lack of serrations is because without having the other part of the attached mount to be the primary moments reactor there are concerns about stability/tube damage/etc with heavy stuff attached?

They do in fact look neat. I assume the lack of serrations is because without having the other part of the attached mount to be the primary moments reactor there are concerns about stability/tube damage/etc with heavy stuff attached?
We didn't think it would take long for someone to ask and it looks like we were right. And yes, you're on the right track. Each of the rings need a rail clamp which precludes integrating a serrated surface on one side. It's best to use an LRF with the Uni-Mount anyway because it can better distribute the loads into the rail.

Ted

Damn, it warms my heart when I see so much metric :)

Greetings snipers and other liberty-loving Earthly inhabitants,

American Rifle Company has given our beloved M10 Scope Rings a new look and a new designation for the 2020s and beyond. Hence forth, they will be dubbed M-BRACE Scope Rings which ought not to come as a surprise considering the recent introduction of our M-BRACE Uni-Mount. See M-BRACE Uni-Mount on the Hide at: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...pe-mount-from-american-rifle-company.7092685/

The new M-BRACE rings are functionally equivalent to the OG M10s. So then why did we do this? Well, I was just screwing around one day and thought I’d explore a new look for the rings. It didn’t take long to stumble upon something I thought looked pretty cool so I showed the design to others at ARC and all were in agreement that, yeah, they look cool. And truth be told, I actually designed these before designing the M-BRACE Uni-Mount which inherited in good looks from me, no, I meant from the revised M10 design. Now it makes sense that the M-BRACE Scope Rings and the M-BRACE Uni-Mount resemble one another. The new M-BRACE scope rings are also a bit beefier than the originals, again, just because I thought they looked cool that way. And there you have it.

Price for the M-BRACE Scope Rings is $179, same as that for the M10 Scope Rings. We’ll be discontinuing but not discounting the M10 rings so if you must have the originals, get them while they last. Some sizes are already gone.

So, come and get the best scope rings in the industry brought to you by the self-proclaimed and undisputed scope ring champion, American Rifle Company. But seriously they are the best and everyone knows it. Available here: https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/1414

And as always, thank you all for your business.

Ted
M-Brace%20Render5.100.png

M-Brace%20Render5.101.png

M-Brace%20Render5.102.png

M-Brace%20Render5.103.png

sizes.png
Thanks Ted! I already have one M-BRACE Scope Mount and will be adding another soon. The quality is incredible.

Reactions: CSTactical
Since you’ve been expanding your optics line-up lately, how about adding extended rails?

@karagias Do you make a QD 30mm dia. mount with options for mounting a red dot at 3 o'clock?
Why do you want QD? How quickly must you remove a mounted optic? I understand QD is gizmo-ish and cool if executed well but is it really necessary or functionally practical. After all, it's hard to beat the clamping force and security offer by a screw?

Thoughts?

Ted

Why do you want QD? How quickly must you remove a mounted optic? I understand QD is gizmo-ish and cool if executed well but is it really necessary or functionally practical. After all, it's hard to beat the clamping force and security offer by a screw?

Thoughts?

Ted
For me I use different scopes for hunting and range work so the QD does make life easier for that.

Also you can visually very quickly check if a QD lever isn't where you expect it to be and tighten with Mk1 hand - if you need a torx or allen key, Murphy's law dictates it will have been the one you've forgotten / lost.

Just my preferences.

ATB,

Scrummy

Metric and metric is American.

Sorry, should have been clearer and not said American.

Outside the US it is getting quite difficult to get even UNF (and things like 6-48 are recognised as basically only used in firearms by Customs so can raise questions)

I'll give you an example for 6-48 would you give anything up using and M3.5 from an engineering perspective.

Outside of the USA, finding a 6-48 is quite a challenge. An M3.5 I can have "Primed" to me tomorrow and I have a large choice of material, finish, head profile and length with that next day delivery.

As you know Ted, I like US made stuff and even have one of your Mausingfields. However I don't understand why US manufacturers keep using threads that are only widely available in the US when you guys can get metric as easy as we can.

Just my 2c.

Best,

Scrummy

Sorry, should have been clearer and not said American.

Outside the US it is getting quite difficult to get even UNF (and things like 6-48 are recognised as basically only used in firearms by Customs so can raise questions)

I'll give you an example for 6-48 would you give anything up using and M3.5 from an engineering perspective.

Outside of the USA, finding a 6-48 is quite a challenge. An M3.5 I can have "Primed" to me tomorrow and I have a large choice of material, finish, head profile and length with that next day delivery.

As you know Ted, I like US made stuff and even have one of your Mausingfields. However I don't understand why US manufacturers keep using threads that are only widely available in the US when you guys can get metric as easy as we can.

Just my 2c.

Best,

Scrummy
I completely agree with you. We're stuck with 1/4-28 for our actions because we advertise Rem700 compatibility. Scope rings have always been metric as were the first two actions I designed before the Mausingfield. As for the chassis, I probably fucked that up when I designed it using inches. But I'm not sure what that really means because I can use either equally well.

It's worth noting that the inch is now defined as .0254 meters and the length of a meter is derived from universal constants. Therefore, the meter is as objectively defined as possible, the degree to which is commensurate with the precision to which we can measure said constants, such as the speed of light in a vacuum. I believe the the entire metric system is now derived from universal constants in much the same way.

But yeah, the inch and the rest of that idiotic system derived from the length some Roman's cock needs to be expunged from human memory. And that will be my second order of business after being sworn in as President of the United States 2.0. The first order of business will obviously be hosting a star-studded extravaganza of music and dance and oil wrestling and sin, climaxing with the hanging of the current political elite from the majestic snow covered trees of the Pacific Northwest and then set ablaze to Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" thus transfixing the citizenry as they gaze in wonderous awe after having each ingested their last government handout, ten grams of Psilocybe azurescens.

In the mean time, I need to get back to designing whatever is next, using the metric system of course.

Ted

Last edited:
But yeah, the inch and the rest of that idiotic system derived from the length some Roman's cock needs to be expunged from human memory. And that will be my second order of business after being sworn in as President of the United States 2.0. The first order of business will obviously be hosting a star-studded extravaganza of music and dance and oil wrestling and sin, climaxing with the hanging of the current political elite from the majestic snow covered trees of the Pacific Northwest and then set ablaze to Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" thus transfixing the citizenry as they gaze in wonderous awe after having each ingested their last government handout, ten grams of Psilocybe azurescens, .
200.gif

Bringing this back to life. This may be an unpopular opinion but I think the M10’s were better. Never had an issue with them. I have recently had a couple m brace rings where the scope tube won’t sit easily in the bottom half of the rings. Once you get it seated, rotating the scope to level is damn near impossible, even scratched an NX8 tube. I’ve also experienced more canting/torquing of scope when tightening rings, requiring more adjustment and time leveling a scope.

Has anyone else noticed a difference between the two designs?

He did say he updated them for looks... ;-)

I'm one for two on M-Brace rings. By that I mean I had one set that worked right off the bat once the scope was pressed into the bottom half (and it is tight down there), and the other set settled in after the rifle was dropped several times (on purpose). The scope was wiggling in the rings about .1 mrad worth at 100 yds. Same scope in both cases, first set were highs, second set were mediums.

That said, I had no issues with cant/rotation when tightening. While they were tight in the rings, no issues getting them level either. I don't know if they left ring marks or not.