• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New M24 or AMU Special?

Onemoretime

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2007
San Diego, CA
At the end of this video... new gen M24?
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLofzfZYoxs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLofzfZYoxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: New M24 or AMU Special?

Both rifles are, read the descriptions...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New for 2006 is the Model M24A3 Sniper Weapons System – a long range version of the widely used Model M24 Sniper Weapons System which has been the standard for the US Army since 1988. Chambered in the highly successful <span style="font-weight: bold">338 Lapua Magnum</span>, the M24A3 is yet another evolution of the M24 Sniper Weapons System. Known for its extreme long range accuracy the <span style="font-weight: bold">338 Lapua Magnum</span> is quickly becoming the obvious selection for our nations warriors.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Designed for operators, by operators. The new Remington® Modular Sniper Rifle (MSR™) combines lethal accuracy at 1500 meters with a user adjustable folding stock, free-float handguard, and the potential to change barrel lengths and calibers within minutes at the user level from <span style="font-weight: bold">.338 Lapua Magnum</span> to .338 Norma Magnum to .300 Winchester Magnum to 7.62mm NATO. This patent-pending system addresses long range and medium range performance needs of the modern battlefield in one package loaded with features designed to meet multiple emerging US armed forces requirements. The system features lightweight, efficient design and optimal material selection for corrosion resistance and strength. The MSR is mission-adaptable and can change the bolt face, barrel, and magazine to enable a smaller profile or different caliber. This system truly never has to leave the battlefield.</div></div>

No... I mean the one in the video..

Also, the MSR comes in .308, 300wm, and 338.

They said "34/35 caliber" at one point... I believe.

"The rifle they used is custon built by AMU. It is 300 WSM"

It can be all that, and more, or simply a custom built stick that may not necessarily be issue.
Instructors have been known to acquire and use something to their own tastes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle they used is custon built by AMU. It is 300 WSM. </div></div>

How can you tell?

The AMU Custom Gun Shop built it to Robbie Johnson's specs off a long action 700 in a TAC-MOD stock to push 175-grain Sierra Match Kings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can you tell? </div></div>

Sinister answered the question about the rifle and who built it. Also I talked to SFC Johnson at a match and he gave me the rundown on the rifle and load that he used. I also talk to him about the stock.

Okay, at 7:20 on the video Robbie gets up and you can see that the stock is an M24 stock but from the adjustments it does sound like a 300wsm.

Sinister, do you know if they are using the HS mag system?

Again, just curious really as the AMU is usually testing things that may or may not show up as an issued item somewhere.

I don't know. I only got to finger-paw it once.

We had some other 300 WSMs with the AI 10-shot box mag.