• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear New MAGPUL Stock

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    New magpul precision stock. Lighter than the PRS 3 but will likely still have the length of pull issues due to the requirements to clear the charging handle.

B2E88B78-7969-47AC-B049-1C03370154B6.jpeg

Reactions: rydah
    This is the stock I have been wanting someone to make for about 10 years now.

Interesting, I might just put this on my next build. Would like to see what the actual weight difference is.

I just want to know who are their testers? 13.87” minimum length of pull is way too long for all but the tallest folks to be strait/square behind the rifle.

Must be nice to be 6’4”+.

Reactions: 6.5SH
    I just want to know who are their testers? 13.87” minimum length of pull is way too long for all but the tallest folks to be strait/square behind the rifle.

It’s because of the charging handle on ARs. It’s not designed for bolt guns. Unfortunately with an ar, if you want an adjustable comb, you have to have a longer LOP

Unless you're LaRue. Then you just use your cheek rest as a charging handle.

Reactions: Biggie1976
    It’s because of the charging handle on ARs. It’s not designed for bolt guns. Unfortunately with an ar, if you want an adjustable comb, you have to have a longer LOP

I get that, but shooting an AR as a precision rifle, I’m barely able to look through the optic (even adjusted all the way back) because of the LOP. That said, I’m pretty short at 5’8” with about a 12.75” LOP.

Reactions: kindabitey

I'm 6'3 and run a 15" LOP.... Standard LOP is 13.5", so 13.87" isn't really all that long, haha.

Last edited:
    Weeeeellllll good for you! lol

I only go to 13.5 if prone while using a sling/no support.

Haha. My point was that I'm pretty sure you don't have to be super tall to use a 13.8" LOP.

It’s not designed for bolt guns.
    I'll be the judge of that. I run chassis with buffer tube setups for PRS, currently run a Luth-AR MBA3 which I love, but may try this if I find one locally for a reasonable price. Tried the magpul PRS stock, didn't like it. Way too heavy and didn't fit me, but know a few guys with em.