• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Manners PRS-TCS action install

Stoweit

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2017
    New England
    Just got the PRS-TCS and barreled action is @FFL, picking it up tomorrow. Any tricks to mounting in the Gen2 Mini Chassis? Instructions are pretty brief, so I was wondering if there are any tricks to a solid install. I have Fix-it sticks for proper torque. TIA

Place action into stock and make sure the lug is firmly seated. Start the action screws by hand (front then rear). Then torque front to 65 in.lbs and then rear to 45 in.lbs.

That's pretty much it. Simple to do. I have the stock up on the butt when i do it to make sure the lug is seated against the chassis.

Should both both bolts be snug before torquing them down. Sorry if this a stupid question. Thanks to everyone.

Finger tight with front first and then rear and then torque.

Here you go!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      594.8 KB · Views: 249
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      581.3 KB · Views: 238
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      493 KB · Views: 242
    I wanted Bad Lands, but Salt Water was my second choice. Happy with it. Haven’t seen one Bad Lands through Altus yet. The barreled action work looks flawless. Pretty excited to shoot it.

Last edited:
    I wanted Bad Lands, but Salt Water was my second choice. Happy with it. Haven’t seen one Bad Lands through Altus yet. The barreled action work looks flawless. Pretty excited to shoot it.

What chambering did you go with? Also, salt water is a bad ass pattern!

I went with 6.5 Creedmoor since I am stacked deep in it. I don’t reload, but if I did, I would have gone 6 CM.

Reactions: waspocrew
    I’m working on installing a Zeus action in mine. Did any of you guys have to trim the front screw? It protrudes into the bolt area.