• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Manners T4A with some GAP work

mavrick10_2000

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Just got it in and torqued up. Manner's T4A, GAP Bolt Stop & Pillar bedded with skim coat. I installed the Huber varmint weight two-stage trigger. Rem 700 SPS-V in .308. Off to the range this afternoon.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Re: New Manners T4A with some GAP work

Correct it is the SH IOR 3-18x42 Gen III.

I got my scope re-zeroed with two rounds. Man I need some serious NPA, follow through & bipod practice! There's a big difference from shooting from the bench, although it's much more comfortable on the ground for me recoil wise - not that a .308 has horrid recoil.

On a better note, my 9 y.o. son went with me. He wanted to shoot my M4gery. He shot 60 rounds total. 20 at paper at 50yds and the other at steel @100 and 200 yds. 20 rds at 100 and he only missed a 4" target twice. 20 rds at 200 at 6" & 10" plates missed 1. This was all with my Aimpoint CompM3 - no magnifier! He was pretty bummed when I told him we were out of ammo LOL. But he had a great time. Of course I forgot to get the camera out of the truck, but this was his first time shooting anything larger than .22 LR and I wanted to make sure he was doing everything safely and correctly.

Overall a great day at the range, and I know what I need to work on.