• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New March 1.5-15x42mm

I posted this earlier today.

I posted this earlier today.

Big thanks for a sneek peak. Looks good, may have to order one.

This scope looks really sweet at 10.5" and 21.5 oz and a daylight bright reticle.I hope the eye-box is very forgiving.Will be looking forward to more info on this scope.

Reactions: Pinenot
Do we know what pricing will be on these?
I believe all that information (order date, production schedule, MSRP, final specs, etc.) for the new scopes (1.5-15X42, 4.5-28X52 HM WA and the 1-10X24 with dual reticle) will be announced next week. It will be posted at the Marchscopes.com website, I'm sure. When it does show up, someone will update here, I'm sure.

Reactions: Tx_Flyboy
I look forward to ILya's always excellent review of this scope. He has a knack for getting at stuff that elude mere mortals.

As I wrote on the other thread, I have been using my unit in known distance competitions as this is one of the areas where this riflescope is just the ticket; 15X, small size and lightweight. So, of course, I have been using it at 15X almost exclusively and it does a fine job there.

I would think it will be excellent for hunting with its massive 10X zoom range. I can see where you keep it at 1.5X when walking and you have all the magnification you would ever need right at your fingertips for most all hunting situations. Mine has the MTR-5 reticle with MOA turrets, because that fits my needs perfectly. Next week or so, we should get the details on the various reticle offerings for it.

I'm including a picture of it on my AR-10 so people don't have to flip over to the other thread to see it.
AR10_15_15X42.jpg

One thing I neglected to mention is that this riflescope has a new design objective group that is quite impressive. It's something new from Deon, the makers of the March riflescopes.

As many have said this looks like a homerun in for the hunting market. I look forward to seeing the reports on this thing in the wild.

Hopefully they put a hydrophobic coating on the lenses. Ilya can get them to do it. 😊

Probably pretty soon. I am testing the final prototype right now and I like it quite a bit.

ILya

could you please pass on to March to add the MTR-2 reticle with the .25 moa dot. Have the dot and first lines on the left, right and bottom hash marks illuminated. 😃hydrophobic coatings also.

Any new info on these?
Found this
MTR3 Reticle
MTR5 Reticle

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakwa
I still can't get over how short and light this scope is.I will pay close attention for future reviews .

Reactions: Bakwa
March has posted the technical data on the new scopes last week.

I think you can start ordering it now.

2020 and these cats still fucking around making MOA turrets/reticles...

Shit would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

2020 and these cats still fucking around making MOA turrets/reticles...

Shit would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
I'm not sure what the problem here is. Plenty of people use MOA turrets and reticles. Highpower competition is all geared on MOA. It's just another angular measurement, so what is the big deal?

This scope comes in 2 flavors: MOA turrets and reticle, which perfectly fits the NRA Mid-range Tactical competition discipline with the 15X maximum allowed magnification (and lots of hunters), and MIL-MIL turrets and reticles.

Reactions: SWgeezer
These look okay.

But none of those reticle appeal to me at all.
As I explained earlier, mine has the MTR-5 reticle, which is the same one I have in my March-X 10-60X56. It's excellent for Highpower-type competition.

What would you be looking for in a reticle for this riflescope?

These are the SFP reticles now in use. I do not know that they could all be made to work in this scopes.

Do they plan on making the MIL version without threaded turret caps? Exposed turrets like the MOA version linked above

Reactions: Moose
This scope introduces a new design of the objective lens elements. These two models are just the first ones using this design. I should think (but have no information) that March will roll out more models with different features such as reticles and knobs.

God I love that MTR5 reticle!
Wish it came in mils.
You can "blame" me for that, I "pushed" to have that reticle in this scope at introduction. This is the reticle I have in my March-X 10-60X56 HM and my March-X 5-50X56. And now in my 1.5-15X42.

Last edited:
No blame, that’s a great ret. Hope it eventually comes in mils.
Currently my fav similar ret is the MD3 in the Eo Vudu.

Reactions: Denys
No blame, that’s a great ret. Hope it eventually comes in mils.
Currently my fav similar ret is the MD3 in the Eo Vudu.
Best way to make that happen is to let March know about it. Go to marchscopes.com, click on About us, and fill out the form at the bottom of the page telling them about the reticle in mils.

I was worried the .5 moa dot would be too big. Glad to hear you like it

I’ve contacted March twice and gotten no response and the Australian importer and gotten no response. Be nice if someone could answer if exposed mil turrets and the FD2 reticle was an available option.

Not sure why anyone would want the mil version and its reticles with capped turrets.

I'm gonna get me one when they offer mil. Great form factor!
Would rather have capped for hunting, or better yet LT, than exposed non LT.
ANY RETICLE besides THE FML WITH HUGE NUMBERS please!!!!

Reactions: Moose
These new March scopes are positioned for the big leagues. If they just tweek the reticles a bit and deliver on the promise of daylight bright illumination . My 18" lightweight 5.56 SPR is begging for one capped in MilRad
https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d15v42iml/

Last edited:
I'm gonna get me one when they offer mil. Great form factor!
Would rather have capped for hunting, or better yet LT, than exposed non LT.
ANY RETICLE besides THE FML WITH HUGE NUMBERS please!!!!
My old ass eyes also love the large numbers.

My old ass eyes also love the large numbers.

Ha, I don't like those huge numbers. Much rather have their more basic FML reticle.
Quite a few times those numbers obscure when I'm holding off and over for wind in my 5-40.

For hunting with the rifles I would use this scope for I can count lines easy enough. For my walk around varmint rifle 421Y is 1.4 mils so.... and this scope would be perfect except a tad heavier than I would like.

5 mils to 970Y for the other and likely would dial if i have enough time.

Good grief. If you need that to focus, better find a different scope 🤣
View attachment 7496283
Denys does a lot of F-Class shooting and can explain the benefits of having precise focus for certain sports, rimfire also benefits from fine tuning but I do not shoot either of these sports so this is not my forte but I do understand there is a purpose and use.