• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEW Mark 4 vs 6 vs 8

tucansam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2012
I had my heart set on a Mark 6 with the same elevation turret at the DAGR setup, but according to Leupold Tactical sales, despite what it says on their website, there are currently no plans to offer this turret outside of .gov sales. If anyone has any information contrary to this, please let me know. As per Leupold's email from 5 minutes ago, my only option is the squeeze turret, which I have tried, and I hate.

That leaves to new Mark 4 turret, with the push button in the middle.

I've read that the Mark 6 glass is superb in every way, and indeed the sample I have handled spoke to that. But with the Mark 6 using the squeeze turret, I'm now looking at the new Mark 4 and Mark 8 lineups. Specifically the Mark 4, as the 8 is a bit out of my price range.

How does the NEW Mark 4 glass compare to the Mark 6?

not sure about the mk6's but the Mk4 ER/T M5A2 on our 2010's give up nothing optically to the Mk8's that we got in. when i made my decision on which scope to buy, i liked the Mk8 a little better because of illumination, and zoom ratio, but it still being a few weeks out, i went with the sure thing and got the 2010 scope.

no compaints what so ever, i was thinking about selling the 2010 scope to get a mk8 but honestly after having it for almost 6 months now, i really dont "need" the features of the mk8. i think that my next optic is going to be a mk6 for my MWS, as i have been shooting it much more recently.

in regards to the turrets, they are both good set ups and after using them for a little bit, you dont even notice it

Last edited:
The squeeze turret grew on me, but its kind of annoying to zero. I was torn between the mk6 and mk4. CS tactical and Leupold gave me some advice and I went with the MK6, but I think I would have been just as happy with the MK4.

Re: squeeze turret.

I can get past the part where there are only two positions where my fingers can go to squeeze, even though its contrary to the way I've used turrets since my very first turret scope. What I can't get past is that the adjustments felt HORRIBLE on the sample I looked at. I'll go ahead and assume it was a lemon, or that thousands upon thousands of people have entered that gun store and cranked on the turrets and wore them out, and hope that I get the chance to try another sample soon, because everything else on that scope was golden.

Windage was OK but not great. Elevation was tactile and audible, kinda, in one direction only, and very sloppy in the opposite direction.

Can you (or anyone who has used one beyond a gun store fondle) speak to the quality of the turrets in terms of clicks? I've seen youtube reviews and I shoot an older 3-9 Mark 4 M3 at work -- its turrets are solid.

It seems that people had more problems with the earlier models. Either the clicks were not too solid, or the ring around the turret was too loose/ sloppy. I received my MK6 about two moths ago. The clicks are great. Comparing it to NXS, S&B and my MK4's; Its between the MK4 and S&B PM II (although i am not a Nightforce fan I found the NXS to be the most distinct and tough turrets I have used) . My windage turret is very audible and the clicks are very strong/ distinct. The elevation is not as distinct as the windage but still very good.