• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Mark4 60015 doesn't have 65MOA elevation adj.

jackal2001

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
I have a new Leupold Mark 4 60015 and I was shooting today. I had it zeroed before... didn't think anything of it wanted to adjust the POI down and I was stopped. I was only able to turn it 1 click down. I can turn it 47 MOA up and that is it. WTF???

Re: New Mark4 60015 doesn't have 65MOA elevation adj.

From what people have been saying, Leupolds ain't what they use to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what people have been saying, Leupolds ain't what they use to be. </div></div>

That was what I was going to say next

Got M3 knobs?? if so, maybe your zero stop is working as intended.

It is a .223 MK12 MOD0 Rifle, Mark4 in ARMS medium rings. It is on a ARMS swan sleeve. Yes it is the Mark 4 LR/T 3.5x10x40 M3.

All I know is when I took the rifle to the range the first time I turned the knob to zero it. Took the cap off and moved it so 0 was on the alignment mark.

So if I switch ammo and it shoots high I can't turn the elevation down.
Do I have to pull the knob off and set it to something "off" then dial it down?

Yep, Leupold 60015 is a Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M3 knobs & TMR reticle. So the zero stop is working as intended, so one rev. is all you get. Also sounds like poster has a 20 MOA base.

Loosen the set screw and turn the dial away from the stop, then tighten set screw. Now, re-zero your rifle and set your knob back to zero. I believe that should fix your problem.

Or, you can send it to me and I will send you a scope with 100 minutes of adjustment in it and you won't have to worry about it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackal2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a .223 MK12 MOD0 Rifle, Mark4 in ARMS medium rings. It is on a ARMS swan sleeve. Yes it is the Mark 4 LR/T 3.5x10x40 M3.

All I know is when I took the rifle to the range the first time I turned the knob to zero it. Took the cap off and moved it so 0 was on the alignment mark.

So if I switch ammo and it shoots high I can't turn the elevation down.
Do I have to pull the knob off and set it to something "off" then dial it down? </div></div>

From Leupold:

M3 BDC dial instructions
The M3 Long Range and Mark 4 scopes use a special bullet drop compensating (BDC) elevation dial. Each dial is calibrated for a specific load. On the top of the dial you'll find the caliber and bullet weight. For best results, we recommend that you use the correct type of ammunition for your caliber. On the side of the dial you'll find the BDC settings that correspond to the target range in 100 yard or meter increments. At the highest range setting you'll find the designation for calibration in yards or meters. On the bottom of the dial you'll see a small steel ball that acts as a stop. This ball prevents the dial from being rotated more than one full turn. It also services as a 100 yard or meter stop. When you lower the sight setting to the ball-stop you'll be at your 100 yard or meter setting. If you have a Mark 4 M3, your scope's internal elevation adjustment range is 72 minutes-of-angle. If you have a Long Range M3, your elevation adjustment range is 65 minutes-of-angle. Because of the ball-stop, your scope's internal adjustment range is greater than the range of travel in the dial. If your dial is calibrated in meters, we recommend that you zero the rifle on a meter range. Scopes that are calibrated in yards should be zeroed on a yard range. Using the correct dial and ammunition, zero your rifle at 100 yards or meters. You may find that your elevation dial runs out of travel before you achieve your zero setting. If this happens, simply loosen the setscrews on the BDC dial and turn the dial back away from the ball-stop, then lock it down. By doing this you'll pick up some of that extra adjustment range in the scope's elevation system. M3 BDC dial instructions: Once you have achieved a precise zero, loosen the setscrews and turn the elevation dial to "1", then lock it down. Your scope is now ready for use at longer ranges. If you determine the range to target to be 400 yards or meters, simply turn the elevation dial to "4" and aim on the target. No holdover is necessary. The BDC dial setting has compensated for the trajectory of your ammunition. When you return the dial to "1" your rifle will be zeroed at 100.

That should help you....

Reactions: NaciremaToirtap

Thank you very much for that info. Now I have to read and reread it a few times.

Sounds like the cam is just positioned on the wrong side of the turret stop. Loosen the set screws and remove the cam/turret cap. Look for the stop ball, as Mike calls it (above). Position the stop ball on the other side of the turret shoulder which is what prevents you from twisting the elevation further. You should get a full rotation once the stop ball is on the other side of the turret shoulder. If you were at/near your 100yd zero with the prior setting, just reposition the turret cap knob to add how many one moa clicks you moved the reticle and your should be set.

Early 3.5-10 LRT turrets turn one direction (I forget), and later and mk4 3.5-10s move opposite.

Another good reason to own a boresighter/collimator with grid display, like the bushnell 74-3333. Allows you to test your scope movements and re-zero your scope if swapped to/from other rifles, long as you noted where the zero registers in your logbook.