• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater New Matrix

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Watched on HBO.

Started off with promise.

Then took a sharp turn to blah and wtf!?
I think I want my 2.5 hours back.

Well the first hour was good, after that....notsomuch.

Reactions: Jgunner
I thought it was total dogshit. I lost interest in the first 30 min, but I stuck it out. Wish I didn't. Definitely woke. It's just fucking bad. No redeemable qualities come to mind.

I don't know if it was woke or not. But I the last 90 minutes was pretty much a shitshow. I'd disagree with Polaris in that in started off with a good intro (I'm a little into exisitental crisis) but it got old really fast with the "is a choice really a choice".

The action was boring, and it was just people jumping off buildings. The original had a swagger and a style which this is lacking.

As usual when you shoehorn in sequels the plot went off the rails quickly.

I would agree with Polaris that its kinda bad and the bad really washes out the intro started with.

Spoiler for those tired of me being ambiguous
First part--Neo is in matrix having a crisis. I thought that was an ok premise. He remembers trinity and they have a deja-vu thing going. Morpheous has to save him from the matrix, but now Morpheous is an agent created by neo. (read that twice). You can see it going off the rails. While Neo is having his crisis, this whole is a choice really a choice just gets hammered into you that there is no free will so of course, you do stupid shit because you were destined to do stupid shit.

Long story short, they have to save trinity because Neo has to save trinity (he has no choice--lets emhpasize that 77 times scene after scene)

It was alright up until the "Bullet time Sequence" with Neil Patrick Harris, Trinity, and Neo. That scene was pretty cool, but after that the whole thing falls apart. It becomes a cheap action thrilling with 'been there' action scenes.

The Menrovian is like a bad Monty Python Sketch with no humor just rambling and spouting hate while mindless fights we have all seen before with too many jump cuts (god im old). Agent Smith and Neo fight because reasons and neo now has magic force fields.

Agent Smith is no Agent Smith (he's back, but not as Hugo Weaving, Jonathon Groff just isn't as evil/menacing). Why he's around is sort of never explained. He's just there. There is a big plan to rescue Trinity. And now Trinity is "the one" (there is your woke moment). But you can see that coming like a Coal Roaling 4X4 with airhorns.

But they don't actually do anything. Both Neo and Trinity Fly away after kicking the crap out of Neil Patrick Harris (The architect--the only fun guy in this flick), but they don't stop him or resolve anything.

I'm a sucker for nostaligia--I loved Tron Legacy, but this is no callback. Its just meh--the more I think about it, the more I am getting pissed off.

It was entraining but nothing will compare with the original, everything after seems more complex and trying too hard.

Wasn't really woke which is surprising considering who the director is.

Other than a little girl power towards the end, but even then, it was more of a twist on what you were expecting as opposed to the mary sue bullshit that superhero movies have become.

Was hard to comprehend as far as WTF was actually happening for the first 30-45 minutes. However it made you think, if you remember the premise of how the matrix worked from previous movies. Had me wondering if this was way in the future or way in the past; kind of like how the end of Battlestar Galactica fucked with you.

The letdown for me wasn't really the story other than they spent too much time on some shit and then just blew over some stuff that people who had watched the other 3 movies would have been interested in. However, what the Matrix is known for, the fight sequences, were just totally average at best, the entire way through which then devolved into 'Im just going to use a force field on everything the entire time'. It was just mindless blasting from the first until the end battle.

Here's a screenshot from one of the fight scenes:

iu

Reactions: Jgunner
Damnit i thought this was about the mew mpa matrix chassis release date. Son if a bitch!!

The whole movie to a metaphor for trans shit, right from the director. Really beats you over the head with it with the whole "you see yourself in the mirror as one way but everyone else sees something different".

Rumor has it the original trilogy was about it too. Neo was supposed to change genders in the real world, the red pill was metaphor for HRT, etc. Luckily some producer stepped in and nixed that shit and we actually got one really awesome movie. Now we live in clown world now where we have to pretend this sick trans shit is normal.

It was pretty meh. It had you wanting it to be good, like a hot chick you brought home from the strip club, then was missionary and loose holes. 2/10

Definitely glad I streamed it and didn’t go through the fuckery of a theatre.

After the total craptastic letdown of the new Bill and Ted movie, which I shut off about half way through, I wasn't holding out much hope for this movie.

Fortunately I haven't seen it yet, and it sounds like I don't need to.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is it like if the original two matrix movies cut it's weiners off, turned them inside out, and put on some dresses? I don't know, haven't seen the movie, just spitballin.

Downloaded this piece of shit last night (fr33) wife said, "is it just me or does he look like MOjo Jo Jo (from powerpuff girls).......

....after about 45 minutes I gave up and put on John Wick to drown out the stupid.

World class turd.

Might as well have done another remake of Bill and Ted (also turd)

Even the shit-eating turd-gobblers in San Fran know a turd when they see one.....

...........does not smell like "good lovin"

In a stirring speech ahead of the U.S. premiere of “The Matrix Resurrections” at San Francisco’s Castro Theatre on Saturday night, Mayor London Breed celebrated the appearance of her fair city in the film and cheered the film’s economic contributions to the region.