• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New McMillan Stock

hdbiker1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
SW Wa
Received my free tactical stock from McMillan's name the stock contest today. Installed a barreled action I put together using a Remington700 action, Timney trigger and a factory 5R barrel that I had recrown and threaded. Now I really need to go out and shoot it.
The stock came with 3 Seekins picatinny rails installed, adjustable cheek riser that has a rubber type coating on it and the spacer system for lop.

[img:left]
009-1.jpg
[/img]
002-3.jpg
[/img]
014-2.jpg
[/img]
Added the light because the rail just needed something.
smirk.gif

Re: New McMillan Stock

Lucky bastard, I really wanted that stock.

So, how's it feel?

First of all, the contest ended when the name was chosen last week on Thursday I believe. The stock feels pretty good actually, but time will tell once I start shooting. The name picked is the "TPR" (tactical precision rifle).
I really do feel lucky. I mean how often does anyone get a McMillan stock for virtually nothing?
here's the link: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2869363#Post2869363

Congrats!

No offense, but I liked my name a little better.... Big Mc-ATac

I'm getting ready to take it for a ride to see how I like it. The only other stocks I have to compare it with are a couple of AICS, HS Precisions and Bell& Carlsons. If I decide to keep it in this config, I do plan on adding pillars and possibly doing a Devcon bed job.
Futch, I do feel I was pretty lucky bastard, but I made a mistake by not buying a few lottery tickets.
And thanks to everyone for their comments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdbiker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting ready to take it for a ride to see how I like it. The only other stocks I have to compare it with are a couple of AICS, HS Precisions and Bell& Carlsons. If I decide to keep it in this config, I do plan on adding pillars and possibly doing a Devcon bed job.
Futch, I do feel I was pretty lucky bastard, but I made a mistake by not buying a few lottery tickets.
And thanks to everyone for their comments </div></div>

Im not hatin on you I hope you didnt take it that way. Just giving you a hard time;) Congrats on the stock and please let us know how the first range trip turns out. I am curious of what you think of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: was21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats HD... enjoy!

... but I still think its oogly! HA! </div></div>

I think Im the only one who really liked it! lol

After shooting it today, my impressions were mostly favorable. I thought the stock was a little slick to grip and a little bulky in the forearm. I'm going to email Ryan and let him know what I thought and what changes I think would improve it (think A5like). The handful of people that looked at it today thought it was a good looking stock. But I have a friend that doesn't like it at all, but he doesn't like the tactical style stocks anyway. He really hates the looks of my AICS. Oh well, different strokes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdbiker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received my free tactical stock from McMillan's name the stock contest today. Installed a barreled action I put together using a Remington700 action, Timney trigger and a factory 5R barrel that I had recrown and threaded. Now I really need to go out and shoot it.
The stock came with 3 Seekins picatinny rails installed, adjustable cheek riser that has a rubber type coating on it and the spacer system for lop.

009-1.jpg
[/img]
002-3.jpg
[/img]
014-2.jpg
[/img]
Added the light because the rail just needed something.
smirk.gif

</div></div>
lovely! is it available in a folding version for Long action??