• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MDT 6.5 Creedmoor build...Which action??

MAVERICK59

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2022
PHOENIX, AZ
Hello all. Fairly new to this long-range thing...I'm wanting to build a MDT ACC chassis and will be buying my action/barrel as I do not have
a rifle to drop into this chassis. I am looking for a recommendation of a really good action to use that is readily available...Any suggestions please.

Cheers

Don

What features do you want?
Handiness?
Bolt Knobs?
Bolt Faces?
Caliber Swaps?
Pre-Fitted Barrels?
Feed?
Ejection?
Recoil Lug?
Rail Incline?
Bolt throw?

There is not a bad action out there really in the custom market.

If you have to ask, I'd recommend Big Horn Origin as they are readily available and the less expensive.
But these are custom actions, so you can get whatever you want.
Checkout also Mausingfield, Definance, Terminus, Impact, Lone Peak, etc...

Any I left out, I will promptly be scolded and reminded of.

Hello all. Fairly new to this long-range thing...I'm wanting to build a MDT ACC chassis and will be buying my action/barrel as I do not have
a rifle to drop into this chassis. I am looking for a recommendation of a really good action to use that is readily available...Any suggestions please.

Cheers

Don
Might want to look at places like Altus and Southern Precision that tend to stock various actions and barrels.....pick something in stock (if it meets your needs) and let them chamber the barrel and assemble.

Any of the name brand actions have their proponents but they all seem to be very high quality with minor functional difference like 60 vs 90 degree bolt lift.

Does not get any better than that...pull the trigger.
Excellent choice but.............wrong choice if you want the option of running AIAW mags. None of the ARC actions will run AIAW mags.
And so it begins.

Go with impact. Cut to unbelievable close tolerances using the best CNC equipment & widest selection of pre-fit barrels.

I put together a list: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-of-custom-tactical-actions-features.7111112/

IMHO... just get a Bighorn Origin. All you need at a fair price and it's pre-fit capable so you can just buy a barrel and screw it on.

If you want the action well-known for being a durable, work in any situation tank, get an Impact 737... but don't expect it to be a smooth/super light bolt lift/close like some other different designs. More than likely you'll never have an issue with any action so... up to you on that.

Literally just about custom Rem700 action will do you fine.