• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MDT chassis

trob_205

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2013
    Coldwater, MI
    Who’s got the skinny on this thing? Looks pretty nice. No info on FB other than stay tuned.

Attachments

• B2AB35F2-E8A7-4B76-80DB-76B2C46DF645.jpeg
      B2AB35F2-E8A7-4B76-80DB-76B2C46DF645.jpeg
      136.7 KB · Views: 840
    I'm looking forward to seeing more info come out as they get closer to launch.

There's a brief overview here:

And a couple of minutes of shooting the chassis off of a barricade here:

Reactions: trob_205
    That grip looks like the greatest thing ever. Excited for full reviews.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    @MDT_Josh , we met at the Meaford match and I wondered what you guys had baking in the oven. This looks awesome - PLEASE tell me there is Tikka love in the first batch? I just ordered one of the 12 round mags that went up on the site. Will let you know how they feed Dasher with the kit.

@MDT_Josh , we met at the Meaford match and I wondered what you guys had baking in the oven. This looks awesome - PLEASE tell me there is Tikka love in the first batch? I just ordered one of the 12 round mags that went up on the site. Will let you know how they feed Dasher with the kit.

Hey @adamjma, it was a pleasure meeting you! Yeah, this is one we're getting very close to having available and one of our Team MDT shooters was using his prototype of this chassis to finish 1st in Tac Division and 16th overall, for that match!! For the initial launch, we are only going to be releasing an inlet for R700 SA RH actions and clones (Defiance, Stiller, Impact, Bighorn, Kelbly's, Ultimatum, ARC, etc.) but there will most likely be more inlets to follow. I don't have a timeline yet on the other inlets, but keep your ear to the ground :D

As for the 12 round magazines, that's awesome! I hope you like them and I see no reason why the primal right's spring/follower/spacer kit wouldn't work with them.

- Josh

Reactions: TheMammoth
    Josh, whatever you do please make sure it works with all commonly available AICS pattern magazines in the Howa inlet.

The chassis looks awesome

@MDT_Josh, I'll definitely be interested in an upgrade when the Tikka compatible versions of the new chassis ship!

I'll be sure to post my results with the new mag.

This chassis was at the Precision Rifle Expo this weekend. I did handle it and learned that you can add a lot of weight to it if you want. Like 14 pounds if I’m not mistaken. I wish I could have handled it in a more open area, not a lot of a room in the tent that was packed with about everything any one of us could want and a lot of drooling and dreaming going on.

This chassis was at the Precision Rifle Expo this weekend. I did handle it and learned that you can add a lot of weight to it if you want. Like 14 pounds if I’m not mistaken. I wish I could have handled it in a more open area, not a lot of a room in the tent that was packed with about everything any one of us could want and a lot of drooling and dreaming going on.
    Were you at Arena this last weekend? pretty good? want to go but had family stuff

I'm happy that guys and gals are getting hand on with this chassis and liking it. That weight swing you're referring to is what we're hoping will help change the game. As for the exact number, be sure to keep your eyes on our site at the end of the month for specs ;)

Were you at Arena this last weekend? pretty good? want to go but had family stuff
    Yes it was a great time. It was very specific to the long range niche of the shooting sport world. It wasn’t like the NRA show where there so much of everything else. Not a huge crowd on Sunday so you could have a conversation with the product reps without feeling like you were holding them hostage.

Following the new chassis closely! Very interested!
    If i may throw some suggestions out there, it sure would be cool to have more color options available from the factory aside from Black and Tan. OD and Grey would be sweet!
    Also, any plans to be able to get an NV hood or something to cover the top of the barrel a tad for strapping bags on? NV hoods are available for the other MDT chassis so i just figured id ask. No biggie either way but i like strapping my gear/front bag down on a bridge/hood rather than the scope/barrel. Just as preference.

Really excited either way!!

Ive been running a prototype version of this for a little bit and im amazed by the ability to adjust and balance it.
    you can set it straight down on a barrier or bag and theres no effort behind building a position. For a competition chassis, i dont think it gets any better than this.

44597590502_d07df59be5_z.jpg
    44597589802_f07f504293_z.jpg

I was just wondering if you might be considering inletting for the Kelby Black Bear action as I would hold off my stock - chassis order if I could get one of these as I want to build a heavy rifle .

I was just wondering if you might be considering inletting for the Kelby Black Bear action as I would hold off my stock - chassis order if I could get one of these as I want to build a heavy rifle .

Personally I would love to inlet this for the Black Bear, but you are one of the first to ask us for it! The best bet for requesting any inlets is to email or call our support team at [email protected] or 604-393-0800 and we will go ahead once there is enough interest! Thanks for asking though.

The picture on the first post, I do not like lol. But seeing it without all those black side attachments, it definitely looks more attractive.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will email your support team and put in a request and maybe contact Kelby's to see if they might make contact as well.
    This is the perfect chassis for that action as I bought it being a heavy action with the idea of trying to build a heavy rifle. I hope we can make it happen.

This chassis, with the thumb up position, inletted for Steyr SSG69 P2 and AICS mags will leave all other combinations for dead in rapid fire events.

A rimfire version for Anschutz Fortner would also be excellent.

Where is the best place to purchase these?

This chassis, with the thumb up position, inletted for Steyr SSG69 P2 and AICS mags will leave all other combinations for dead in rapid fire events.

A rimfire version for Anschutz Fortner would also be excellent.

I love the way you're thinking, and like I advised to @Butler12 email the support team ans let them know what you wan so we can keep a track of it and gauge interest!

Where is the best place to purchase these?
    They will be up on our site mdttac.com soon (like @padom said, but just not yet.

What kind of MSRP can we expect for the rifle with skeleton stock? Looking at possibly getting another chassis.

Just got the email about these! Looking very good @MDT_Josh!! Ordered up a couple of the vertical grips while I wait for the Tikka inlet. ;-)

Ooo did they add grey as a color option? This pleases me.

I get the impression that the photos on the website are perhaps desaturated. I think at some point it was mentioned that black and FDE are the colours offered? Paging @MDT_Josh ?? See below

Last edited:
    Rejoice! Grey hath found its way into the MDT line! Let word spread, so that all chassis manufacturers take note and join in.
    (My absolute favorite color combo!)

Reactions: adamjma