• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member and First Question! :D

Mosley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello Everyone I am new to the Hide. I have been a visitor quite often and find a METRIC SH*T TON of helpful information on here! I decided to finally join in hopes that someone has some insight for me!

I was curious as too whether or not one could take a Savage BVSS stock with the 5.062" spacing and drill/inlet a new hole for the 4.41" spacing of a short action .308 Stevens. I was also curious if the placement of the recoil lug would be a major deciding factor in this. I do not have the stock on hand but have the chance to get one for $40. If it is a possibility it'd be awesome!

Re: New Member and First Question! :D

Welcome aboard I'm sure someone will chime in with some help for you!

Re: New Member and First Question! :D

I have been sketching it up on AutoDESK Inventor and it doesn't seem like it is going to work. Between the Recoil Lug and the position of the Hidden Magazine Well, there isn't going to be enough wood in the stock to hold it