• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member but, I have been around for a while

TheBeard413

Corpsmen
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Berkshire County, Massachusetts
Hey Guys! My name is Zach. Former Corpsmen HM3 US Navy. Hadn't done much shooting in the past 8 years. Finally decided to start hunting with an arm vs my bow. After buying a few boltguns in different calibers, I decided that I wanted to get into longer distances. My local club stretched to 200 yards. After about two weeks I wanted more. Found a family friend who let me setup some targets on his property stretching my range out to 768 yards max.
I jumped all in last year and ordered a Manners MCS-T2A Elite Carbon, Bartlein, Jewell, Badger DBM, Steiner, Atlas. My first custom build should be completed and back from the smith at the end of April. My goal for 2017 is 1500 yards.
I live in Massachusetts and we have the Granby Bow and Gun Club w/ a 1025 yard range. I plan on getting a membership there after my build is complete. I might wait till next year as the year will be half way over before I will be familiar with my new arm and I have access to the 768 yard range for now. I can also travel to Vermont and open it up past a 1000.
Snipershide has been nothing but AWESOME! This is a great community and the members have been nothing but helpful. I looked at several other forums multiple times and decided this is where I belong. Looking forward to meeting my goals and the continuation of my education of Long Range Shooting. I also look forward to meeting some of you.

Hey Zach, welcome aboard shipmate. Former squid myself and lurked for years on here before signing up. It's the only place I hang. Great bunch of guys on here as you know and it sounds as if you've been bit by the bug too. Don't think for one minute anybody believes your 1500 yard story, including yourself. ;) You're gonna go for 1760 or greater just like many on here because you can. If you don't reload "yet" you may wanna delve into it also. Very rewarding. Enjoy your Hide experience and good luck with your shooting endeavors.