• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from AZ

Dalmore

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2020
    Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd finally make an account to be a contributing member of the community.

I'm interested in getting into NRL22 matches here in Arizona, likely starting in base class and eventually working my way to open. Just grabbed a Tikka T1x today and starting to build it out. Hopefully will be ready to rock in a week or so once I get base/rings/optics sorted. This is all totally new to me so I'm absorbing the wealth of information available here.

If anyone has any suggestions on getting started in NRL22 in the Phoenix area I'm all ears!

Thanks,
    Dalmore

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Also, if anyone has suggestions on private trainers or local training courses in AZ I'm all ears. I have the T1x mentioned above as well as a 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American in a Boyds stock that I'm looking to get some experience on.

Again, I'm very new but have a strong understanding of long range shooting fundamentals. Just not much range time.

Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. You should be able to get a line on classes over at the Gunsite Institute. I've never heard anyone say they regretted the investment. Dig around in the different forums every time you get a chance on everything you can think of or new area you learn about. You've got lots of real estate to ply the hobby. Just try hard to get a good stock of ammo built up as it will be slow coming back or staying in stock

Welcome from CO

Welcome from a former (Southern) AZ shooter.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@Dragonscout25 Thanks for the advice. I'll check out Gunsite Institute.

@t8500shx My next move will be to put the T1x in chassis of some sort. It looks like everyone is loving the KRG Bravo. I'm also looking at an Oryx or maybe splurge for an MDT ACC that I would use for both a T1x and T3x.

@Dalmore For me, the Bravo is very comfortable to get behind. I have a T3X in a MDT HS3 chassis which isn’t as comfortable as my Bravo.

@t8500shx Good to know. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get behind a few options before I pull the trigger on purchasing.