• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from Illinois with a newb question

PunkSnyper

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
Backenforth, TX
Hello everyone, while I’m currently in Illinois we are preparing to move to the great state of Texas!

Got a newb question. I shoot left handed and have gotten used to shooting RH guns LH’d for so long that it seems natural to me. With the move, I want to start shooting more and build a bolt action 6.5CM using a J. Allen Enterprises stock. My question is, can you shoot a RH JAE-700 left handed or is it time to make the switch to a full LH setup?

Thanks!

Welcome from Ocala, FL

I can not answer your question and I wouldn't want you waiting for an answer in this thread as it may not be seen by the people that can help. I am not sure which section to put this question in but I am thinking either:
Sniper's Hide Stupid Marksmanship Questions and I am NOT implying it is a stupid question but I have asked questions there when I wasn't sure where to go.
or maybe:
Sniper's Hide Bolt Action Rifles

Welcome and best wishes

welcome , from delaware you could as far as I know you can shoot almost anything you want if you got the money and can find the ammo and have a range or place to shoot from . I would ask why a j allen stock when they are not making any more parts for them , I know people want what ever it is they want and they did look really nice . A lot of the chassis do also look really nice and the companies are still making parts . ai , mdt , mpa , tika , even that wooks that wood and metal chassis is pretty sweet looking , altus also has many really nice looking pieces . Anyway good luck with what ever it is you do and decide on .

Moving to San Antonio area. So excited!
I'm sure you are aware but the complex on the west side off of Culebra Road is pretty awesome if you can find an excuse to get there. I don't recall if they have much for rifles but there are lots of shotgun sports out there.

Reactions: PunkSnyper
What part of the People's Republic of Illinois are you escaping from?

Smart move, just dont take the prevailing illinois politics with you and ruin a good state.

What part of the People's Republic of Illinois are you escaping from?

Smart move, just dont take the prevailing illinois politics with you and ruin a good state.

I’m moving from the Peoria area. No worries on the politics, I am very aligned with traditional Texas principles.