• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from Milwaukee Wisconsin

Liftman101

Private
Minuteman
I am really looking forward to learning things. I am new to rifles in the past 2 years. Mostly AR15s after a friend challenged me to build a rifle and I subsequently built several.

I have never hunted. Never shot past 250 yards and have frankly never shot in any position except sitting at a bench or standing unsupported. Making solid hits and shooting 1-1.5 MOA groups at 250 yards is something I can accomplish with my .223 or 6.5 Grendel off the bench with a good scope. I am looking to improve my skills and take on tougher challenges. I am looking for for schools, matches places to shoot and advice about getting some bolt guns and extending my range. Perhaps as far as 1000 yards. I plan to retire soon and this seems like a way better hobby than golf.

I already got enticed by a good deal on an unfired Weatherby custom shop Mark V .30 378 and a Nightforce 8-32 NXS scope. I regret the purchase because it is way more gun than I am comfortable starting with and I am unsure if I will keep it for when my skills improve or just sell it. It sure is pretty though.

Like I said. Time to start learning things.

Welcome to the forum. I’m a little north of you in the Fox Valley. Racine county line rifle range goes to 600 now but I think they are expanding to 800-900 this next year. They do PRS style shoots about once a month. The finale is the 21st if you want to come watch. If your selling the Weatherby, let me know. I might be interested. :)