• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from MS

barth7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2020
Have been shooting all my but have never played around with long range. Just ordered my first rifle to start playing with and learning. I’ve got some basic but specific questions I would like to ask; what would be the best place to ask those?

- What scope/mount I have in mind
- Bipod ideas

I am very grateful for what I have learned sofar in my research and and interaction with members here so far. Thanks!

-Bart

Welcome to the hide from northern californica

Where are you located in MS?
Before you ask questions, have these thing already lined out: What are you wanting to do with the rifle, compete in PRS style matches- play around on a range with you and your buddies just launching rounds at steel plates- long range hunting- etc...

Tupelo, birthplace of Elvis.

no matches yet. Just playing and the range and learning how to dialit in. Will probably take it hunting but wouldn’t take long range shots on animals anytime soon. Just a toy for now.

Welcome from Australia.

Many years ago drove the Natchez Trace Parkway.
Started in Natchez and finished in Nashville.
Love that part of the country.

I pop on the Trace for a short time on my way to work everyday. Unfortunately I have never gotten to visit Australia.

Welcome! Check out the optics section for scope info and post up there with a lot more detail. There is a great info thread on how to ask about scopes. I love my zco 527 mounted in a Spuh for what that’s worth. For bipods the current good stuff generally comes from Elite Iron, Thunder Beast, and Atlas.